Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

UE50MU6100K Message on screen Box saying 4000 in it

(Topic created on: 29-08-2017 12:19 PM)
beebee1987
First Poster
Options

Help required please, i have tried eveyrthing.

The Tv works fine, model number is UE50MU6100K. was bought from new and is about a week old.

One day i turned it on, and on the right hand side as you look at the tv there is a box that has appeared half way up.

Which has "4000" in it. It literally stays there and will not go.

Checked the manual, googled everything possible to try and find out how you get rid of it.

Can anyone help please???

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Wyndstorn
Student
Options

I experience the same in a model UE40MU6405.

I've seen that only happens when the TV is turned on by an external device through HDMI CEC.

It seems to be Samsung's TV+ channel number and I can remove it by changing to TV+ and changing the channel, for example to 4001. After this, the message changes to show momentarily the new channel, and then it dissapears.

I think that a firmware update would be needed to solve this problem.

View solution in context

5 REPLIES 5
Solution
Wyndstorn
Student
Options

I experience the same in a model UE40MU6405.

I've seen that only happens when the TV is turned on by an external device through HDMI CEC.

It seems to be Samsung's TV+ channel number and I can remove it by changing to TV+ and changing the channel, for example to 4001. After this, the message changes to show momentarily the new channel, and then it dissapears.

I think that a firmware update would be needed to solve this problem.

beebee1987
First Poster
Options

will try that when i get back thank you

0 Likes
Fat_tony
First Poster
Options

Thanks so much, that was starting to stress me out  

What a strange fault to have though

0 Likes
JohnYeates
First Poster
Options

Had same issue with 4000 appearing on right hand of the screen changed TVplus to channel 4001 and it got rid of it. THANKYOU

0 Likes
FiHay
First Poster
Options
Cannot open programmes o All 4 on my Samsung smart TV. Just comes up with 4000 error all the time. Tried everything. Please help
0 Likes