Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

TV Screen has dark section at top of screen

(Topic created on: 27-08-2018 08:46 PM)
Aristotle
Apprentice
Options

I solved the issue and this is how. 

After lot of research and dozens of suggestions I decided to try something simple first. 

My Samsung UE39F5500 was connected directly to the Internet, no cables apart from the power.

I opened the back of the TV and made sure everything was properly connected especially the highlighted part on the image. (shows how technical I am). 

Problem solved. 20180826_123745.jpg

20180827_194402.jpg

Tv7.jpg

Go to solution
103 REPLIES 103
Nimrod01
Explorer
Options

I had this occur twice and each had it repaired by replacing back screen under extended guarantee. Last repair over 12 months ago and so far, apart from a blips, it continues to work fine. Latest was all colours distorted with green hue. So I turned it off and back on again and all was OK. I’m waiting for it pack up altogether and I’ll bin it. Now just less than 6 yrs old. Needless to say it won’t be Samsung

R1Law
Explorer
Options

Replace lid this with a Q series and could not be happier. New screens are phenomenally better and I’ve extended the replacement to all units in the house. No cable box, wired directly to network (not Wi-Fi). Fairly responsive on app switching and Apple TV also looks great on these units. I’m convinced the screen issues are a thing of the past. 

0 Likes
Rehman_Mir
First Poster
Options
Hi, Please help there were a dark shade in the middle first now screen got dark around 85% I still can see left side fine but all dark. What possible could go wrong. Its Samsung Model NO UE49NU7100K20220107_213821_81197_1641591503.jpg
0 Likes
Carolina008
First Poster
Options

Didn’t work 😞 

0 Likes
Carolina008
First Poster
Options

Didn’t work for me 😩

0 Likes
Carolina008
First Poster
Options

Didn’t work for me 😞 

image.jpg

0 Likes
David R Paphos
Explorer
Options

I bought my Samsung 55inch TV in Dec 2019  and it has just developed the vertical dark shadow on the left side  full height and about 12 inches in.... I've tried all the suggested solutions to no avail.. Samsung haven't been very helpful.. local samsung dealer was helpful but pointed out that with it being out of 2 year warranty any repair would be chargeable .. surly a product of this type and of merchantable quality should have a reasonable life span of between 5-10 years ...and at 3.5 years I don't think that is acceptable.... However I played about with some settings and it's virtually unseen....I have switched to both standard and dynamic and altered up both the backlight  and brightness to an acceptable viewing experience and for the moment its ok....SUFFICE TO SAY I WONT BE BUYING ANOTHER SAMSUNG PRODUCT ...DESPITE THEM BEING PUSHED AS THE MOST RELIABLE DURABLE  AND LONG LASTING... MOST LIKELY GOING TO GO PANASONIC SONY OR LG

0 Likes
David R Paphos
Explorer
Options

IMG_20220820_143519.jpg

0 Likes
Nimrod01
Explorer
Options

It’s always worth trying some of fixes discovered and described by other users on this forum, but in the long term, as I experienced not all the fixes last. So far, my TV has remained Stable for past 2 years, but I’m ready for it to fail yet again. And like many others here, I’ve resolved to say with confidence, my next TV will not be a Samsung and it will most definitely have an extended 5 year guarantee. Best of luck 

David R Paphos
Explorer
Options

Interestingly I was watching in 4k and the black band couldn't be seen but as soon as i watch on any other resolution it came back 

0 Likes