Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tv randomly turns onto bbc iplayer app

(Topic created on: 16-10-2022 03:57 PM)
Susan Burden
Journeyman
Options

My Samsung tv keeps randomly turning onto bbc iplayer when we are on other apps and pressing nothing. Does anyone know how to fix this please? 

32 REPLIES 32
JohnBres
First Poster
Options

We're having the exact same thing happen at frequent and random intervals. Such a weird and annoying problem.

0 Likes
Boaty
First Poster
Options

The only way I've discovered to resolve this issue is to forcibly exit the iPlayer app, going back-back-back in all the menus until it prompts me if I'd like to exit, and then confirming.

0 Likes
Critter
Apprentice
Options

I get exactly the same problem. I thought about logging out of the BBC app, but can’t find anywhere to do this. Mine seems to switch over to the BBC after an hour. My uneducated guess is that I was watching something on bbc catch-up and after an hour of inactivity (because I had switched to YouTube), the BBC app send out a code asking if anyone was there, prompting the TV software to flick back to the BBC app… if I’m right then could Samsung send my a consultancy fee please… just saying, as clearly they can’t fix it from the thread below. My TV is a UE65RU710PKXXU SOFTWARE VERSION 14P1.P

0 Likes
Critter
Apprentice
Options

Thx for this, I was wondering how to get out of the bbc app… I’ll see if this solves the problem

0 Likes
Critter
Apprentice
Options

I’m pleased to say that logging out of the bbc app meant that the problem didn’t appear after several hours

0 Likes
JIMrtn
Student
Options

Hi can you confirm the solution to this problem please. As it seems to be fairly common and is also affecting my QE49 too. 
Thanks for your help. 

0 Likes
Susan Burden
Journeyman
Options

Others have suggested logging out of the bbc iPlayer app. I’ve not tried that, we got a new sky glass tv instead 

JIMrtn
Student
Options

Thanks for replying.  I did try the logging out thing, but nope.  Guess I’ll need to keep looking or hope Samsung come up with a fix. 

0 Likes
Noigz
First Poster
Options

Had same thing happen since last summer.  Had little or no help from Samsung chat, other than 'buy a new remote', 'switch it off-and-on' and finally, 'reset the TV'...none of which worked.  Eventually they referred it to their servicing partner, who reminded me to check if it was under warranty, which it was...and am now in possession of a Sony.  Not buying Samsung again, not because the TV was bad, but because their customer service was!

0 Likes
Joblue
First Poster
Options

I’m having exactly the same issue with my Samsung TV, it’s super irritating!!

0 Likes