Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV burning from corner!

(Topic created on: 22-03-2020 05:04 PM)
Safelemming
First Poster
Options

Hi - today our 3 year old Samsung 6 series TV started to burn in the bottom left corner. It became really hot and has burnt a black circle in the corner of the screen. 

We've unplugged the TV now.

What do I do?? I think the TV is out of warranty but this really needs to be looked at.

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
KirstyG
Expert
Options

Hey @Safelemming , I’d like to get this seen to. Please send me a PM, so I can get this sorted!

TimBudBud
First Poster
Options

This exact same thing happened to my Samsung 50 inch UN50J6300 today. So lucky i came in from being out, if i had been delayed, it could have been a fire.
There was smoke, and a strange crystsal’y looking spot in the bottom left corner pf the samsung panel, then screen was black, then weird lines, then black again. I went over to look at the spot and touched the corner - it was so hot, i completely cooked my thumb and fingers, it was incredibly hot, and i can see it is all melted too. It felt more like an electric shock than a regular burn.

This is nutz - now i see online that this is a known issue. So very dangerous, this could have burnt down my home. I got real lucky it did not happen while I was still away from  home.

I did get a few years out of the tv, but still. When you buy an expensive tv, you don’t  expect to replace at so soon, or for it to cause a fire hazard.

i am hoping samsung can look at some kind of replacement scheme, this is a pretty nutzo situation. It seems to be a major fault with lots of examples of it occurring, i can’t believe I was not contacted regarding this known fault back when I first purchased it. That does seem negligent on part of the company.

please get back to me as soon as possible.

Thanks.

Tim

0 Likes
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @TimBudBud 

Are you able to send us a Private Message to our team account Sam_UK: https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/1716597 too? 

(Guide on how to send Private Messages here: https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/samsung-lounge/how-to-send-a-private-message-on-the-samsung-comm... ) 

0 Likes