Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turn Off HDR for Samsung's Netlix App

(Topic created on: 13-09-2019 03:00 PM)
_Kai_
Apprentice
Options

I have Samsung NU7100. While watching the OA on Samsung's defualt Netflix app I have notices it was dark, after increasing the brightness I noticed OA was on HDR.

I am not able to enjoy enyshow which are in HDR. Is there any way I can disable HDR for Netflix APP?

39 REPLIES 39
phanikara
Explorer
Options

2022 and the issue still persists. Samsung please save us from crappy Netflix HDR content. Such a disaster.

Frustrated TOO
First Poster
Options

2022 February and Netflix HDR movies are UNWATCHABLE on my Samsung TV!!

The point of a large screen TV is to watch movies, a small screen is fine for news etc., but almost all the newer Netflix movies are in HDR and my Samsung TU7000 makes them SO DARK that they are UNWATCHABLE!! ... and one can NOT TURN OFF the TV's HDR.

What is this ******** Samsung?  You have had multiple complaints for multiple years ... and still can't update your TV so as to be able to turn off your unworking HDR so the movies are watchable?

I now understand why multiple sale people at Best Buy did their best to keep me from buying a Samsung large screen TV.  The ALL said I would be very unhappy and very disappointed with it when I tried to watch movies with the Samsung.  They were RIGHT.  For my next TV I will know better. 

LetMeTurnOffHDR
Pathfinder
Options

Its just the worst

0 Likes
phanikara
Explorer
Options

Man its even present on Q series like Q60T, let alone 7 series. Are there any developers listening to this at all ?

Dennisb11
Apprentice
Options

Fire TV 4K stick max has the ability to completely turn off HDR. So your best bet is to just get one of these for those times when you wanted to disable HDR. It sucks to have to spend another $45 but that's why I said if you want to keep this TV. I found that the Samsung TVs 8000 series and above are fine with HDR but anything 7000 series in below has a panel that just is too crappy for it

0 Likes
phanikara
Explorer
Options

Unfortunately its not true. I have Q60T and its as crappy as it can get. I am pretty sure its Netflix issue because other Apps HDR works wonderfully good.

Navaixero1
First Poster
Options

Hello everybody. I'm suffering the same experience as all of you and, looking for a solution (there is none), I found this video that helped me a lot. It improved, not stopped, the hdr and now, watching hdr content is, at least, bearable. Hope it helps yoou too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ov9niiau5x4

0 Likes
Dan104
First Poster
Options

Samsung, your HDR is a joke. I am never buying a Samsung TV again.

Please let us know how to disable the abomination as all movies on Netflix and HBO MAX are UNWATCHABLE!

Rad0slav
Apprentice
Options

I spent like 800 dollars on tv (q70T)  and I wish I could disable HDR because this model cant handle HDR content as expected for price. Beside other ***** in the TV software, please allow us to DISABLE HDR ! Here's one good arguement - the power consumption in these hard times is TWICE as big as with disabled HDR - think about that!

DBear85
Journeyman
Options
Have tried many forums but sadly yup, Netflix, Disney+, Prime. All not watchable on our Samsung TV. I regret it's purchase immensely and will be staying well away in future. Imagine a TV that you can't really watch anything on. Incredible....