Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turn Off HDR for Samsung's Netlix App

(Topic created on: 13-09-2019 03:00 PM)
_Kai_
Apprentice
Options

I have Samsung NU7100. While watching the OA on Samsung's defualt Netflix app I have notices it was dark, after increasing the brightness I noticed OA was on HDR.

I am not able to enjoy enyshow which are in HDR. Is there any way I can disable HDR for Netflix APP?

35 REPLIES 35
AndrewL
Options
@_Kai_: If you look at the bottom of the screen next to progress bar of the show you're watching you should see the settings, where it should be possible to adjust the resolution and disable HDR if it is active. Alternatively, on the TV, go to Settings > Picture > Expert Settings > HDR+ Mode and enable this option to see if this improves your experience.
0 Likes
_Kai_
Apprentice
Options

AndrewL: there is no HDR option in Settings > Picture > Expert Settings > or in Samsung's Netflix App.

AndrewL
Options
Ah, the user manual does state that this function may not be supported depending on the model or geographical area, so apologies for that. Were you able to find the resolution options in the Netflix app to disable HDR?
0 Likes
_Kai_
Apprentice
Options
AndrewL : that option is also not available.
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options
It would appear that some Netflix originals are in HDR as standard, which is why you're unable to adjust it. you could try signing in to your Netflix account via a browser and going to Account > Playback Settings and switching this to Medium to see if this helps, although I'd recommend reaching out to Netflix support to see what they suggest.
_Kai_
Apprentice
Options
Thank you.
0 Likes
LetMeTurnOffHDR
Pathfinder
Options

I have the same issue and netflix just sends me back to my tv manufacturer and they are not wrong in doing so. Please send an update that allows me to disable HDR on my TV. I cannot see any HDT content because is completely dark and the colors are all washed off.

CarlH
Options

Hi @LetMeTurnOffHDR. If a movie is filmed and hosted in HDR, it isn't possible to disable it on the Netflix app. 

0 Likes
LetMeTurnOffHDR
Pathfinder
Options

I already know that @CarlH. I want to disable it on the TV.  

@CarlH wrote:

Hi @LetMeTurnOffHDR. If a movie is filmed and hosted in HDR, it isn't possible to disable it on the Netflix app. 

0 Likes