Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The service level of Group FX used by Samsung as their repair contractor in UK (London)

(Topic created on: 17-02-2021 02:20 PM)
a_k11
Journeyman
Options

Hello,

I am certain I am not the only one who has experienced the appalling service from Group FX, Samsung's London repair centre. I will ty to keep it brief but for the benefit of anyone else scouring the internet regarding this company, here is my experience.

I logged a repair with Samsung for my Samsung Q90R TV and after some steps to troubleshoot the issue with Samsung technical advisors over the phone I was forwarded onto Group FX for an engineer visit. 

My first appointment was booked on the 26th of January and I had one of Group FX engineers (Rob) turn up and change a module in the back of the panel.

The issue still persisted and I had another appointment booked on the 9th of February where I had Stuart attend from Group FX to change the same module that Rob changed on the first visit! He also changed another module in the One Connect box.

The issue persisted and I was booked another appointment for today (17th February) for my TV to be taken away and checked in their warehouse. I had the most bizarre experience with David, another Group FX engineer. 

I had called Group FX to confirm everything that was required for them to be taken away, so the night before I had reset my TV and disconnected it and prepared everything for it to be taken away and left just inside my front door.

David, the Group FX engineer knocked on my front door and the conversation went:

Me: Hi, are you here to collect the TV

David: Yes, I came in a golf

Me: Okay, are you here to take my TV?

David: I don't want to be responsible for breaking the TV

Me: Okay but that isn't my problem and you need to speak to your office. I was informed my TV will be taken away today and I have prepared it all, pointing to it just inside the front door

David: Walks off and says okay I will call my office

He walked off and didn't come back. 

At this point I had called Samsung customer service as my patience had ran out and was informed by the Samsung customer service advisor, that my TV hadn't been collected because I was rude to the engineer! I could not believe this.

Group FX are an absolutely appalling company to deal with, their so called engineers are clueless and more like drones who just come out and replace generic parts hoping the issue goes away. They don't even hide the fact they don't know what the issue is, as they'll ask you while they go through the motion of replacing the generic parts! The woman who answers the phone also is rude and abrupt, goes by the name of Jade, when I called to confirm the SMS I got, that indeed my TV will be taken away, I was told in the most rude and condescending tone, that they are an in-repair service before I read the SMS I received from Group FX on which she conceded that they do offer this service and my TV will indeed be taken away. 

The last encounter has just been infuriating, as I explained to the Samsung customer service advisor, that it was in my interest to get my TV repaired and after preparing the TV to be taken away why would I obstruct the Group FX engineer from taking it. The truth is that David was ill prepared and didn't want to take the TV and the excuse given to Samsung that I was rude to him. Absolutely disgraceful! 

I refuse to deal with Group FX anymore and I'm hoping Samsung are able to deal with my issue.

If you do need to deal with this company, ensure you document every encounter and record all conversations. I will advise to avoid this company at all costs if you can. 

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hey @a_k11 ,

that doesn't sound good. Have you tried to reach our Support Team back to see if they can assign this job to an alternative Support Centre? You can reach them on 0333 000 0333.

0 Likes
a_k11
Journeyman
Options

Hello @TessM ,

I've been on a call to Samsung support all day, speaking to a Joshua (case manager). I explained the situation to him and he called me back to advise me he will escalate the issue but also have to book another engineer appointment from Group FX at which I responded no! 

No more Group FX engineer visits, I am tired of dealing with them so he has now escalated the issue to "The Customer Solution Team".

I am so deflated from having to explain and explain, I have lost count of how much time I have spent on the phone to Samsung support and having to deal with Group FX.

I honestly wish I never bought a Samsung TV. This has been an awful experience and right now, I see no resolution to my issue. 

0 Likes
a_k11
Journeyman
Options

Update on my previous post:

Just been speaking with Umer in your Customer Solution Team who said my only resolution is to book another engineer visit from Group FX to collect the TV. 

He also advised me there is no manager I can speak, no complaints procedure and if I am dissatisfied with the level of service Group FX have provided me I need to take it up with them and contact them about it. 

Is it a surprise Group FX can get away with treating their customers in this way as Samsung does the same. Customers are treated with utter contempt. 

I've rang my credit card company to raise a dispute. I will refrain from purchasing any Samsung products in future. 

0 Likes
Kings-art
Journeyman
Options
Many thanks for this review, I too have recently been forwarded their contact details by Samsung which I think is poor of them as our TV only lasted just over two years before it started turning itself on and off. After reading googles reviews on the company I'm so unimpressed by their lack of care and seeing this has made me realise I'm not the only one!
0 Likes