Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Frame (2021) upload photo in ART Mode does not work via iPhone

(Topic created on: 22-10-2021 03:33 AM)
Markus3
Student
Options

I recently purchased The Frame (2021) 43''. I am using iPhone and iPad. So,  I did install Smart Thing app in order to upload my photo and for using in ART Mode. 

1. Error message appears on iPhone that service for upload is currently not available. But my picture us visible in the gallery category (my pictures, TV, ART Mode)
  2. I tried to activate one of my one photos to be displayed in ART Mode, but App crashes on TV and after restart ART Mode App the photo is not displayed.

TV: latest software update (done)

iPhone: latest iOS release installed

Does somebody encounter the same issue? Any solution?

Best regards and many thanks

Markus

25 REPLIES 25
UrbanPharm
Apprentice
Options

I was having the same problem. For me, it turned out to be the file format for the photos. My phone was automatically saving them as HEIF, but you need jpeg or PNG for the frame. I created an iOS shortcut to convert the photo to 16:9 and jpeg with the push of a button. You’ll need the shortcut app downloaded and I usually get my photos from the app ‘unsplash’

here is how you build the shortcut 

UrbanPharm_0-1634617843590.jpeg

Note: when I upload the photos on the Smartthings app, I still usually need to close out the app after upload since it’s buggy. Usually after that, the photo is there and I can select it. 

I hope this helpful and works for you too! Happy to answer any questions!

- urban

danlun59
Apprentice
Options

In my case my phone was not on this list but UrbanPharm had a great idea. I did it manually (no shortcut) and it worked.

0 Likes
Thegoodamigo
First Poster
Options

This fixed my problem. Thank you so much. For those who can’t add pictures to the frame definitely try this. Also, be warned, once I was able to add pics, it took awhile (a couple of minutes) for the available pics to populate even with my 200 Mb connection. 

0 Likes
mirchew
First Poster
Options

Hi exactly same thing is happening to me! when i got to upload photos through the app it just keeps loading and loading I have I phone 12 

0 Likes
Ivo73
First Poster
Options

Hi, because I love the FRAME so much, I tried several things on iOS and have the SOLUTION that's works for me fine:

1. Create a new album in the photos app (f.e with the name 'frame')

2. Go to Settings on iOS and give the Samsung app "SmartThings" the authorization of "only selected photos" and choose the album "frame" ans select alle the art pictures you will import an the FRAME TV. 

3. Switch on the TV and choose "Art Mode". 

4. Open the "SmartThings". Choose your TV. click on "art mode" in the app. The the app asks you "choose more photos". you click on "yes". then you can choose all the photos from the album you set the permission in the iOS settings of the smartThing app.

5. Now you can choose one or more pictures in the app ans "show them in the frame"

If you add a new picture tu the album in iOS photos you must repeat step 2 to 5 again. That's the way it works every time 🙂

Have fun with your Samsung Frame !!!

Mark42
Student
Options

I fully agree. Long term android user and have moved away from Samsung to Apple due to these issues.  Absolutely garbage interface to the TV from Android and IOS. We also have a Family Hub Fridge and after an update in September all useful functionality with that software has gone. If Apple made a fridge and Tv I would get rid of this garbage - very unsatisfactory progress from Samsung

Mark42
Student
Options

This doesn’t work to resolve the issue.  My iPhone was on the allowed list of devices.

Graphicinvasion
Student
Options

My iPhone and iPad have access but it never shows the Art Mode to upload pictures anymore. Just the remote controls. Such a terrible app for an awesome tv

ks-frame
First Poster
Options

Hello, I purchased a 65" Frame TV a few weeks ago and am having difficulty adding my own photos via an iPhone 13.  I keep getting the "connect to same network" error message.  Is there anything else I can try? Has anyone had the same issue recently?

Thank you.

Graphicinvasion
Student
Options

I had to give up on my iPad and iPhone via SmartThings app. Only way in the end was via a USB thumb drive plugged into the back of the box. A bit old school and a shame the app isn’t great on iOS 

0 Likes