Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Th overheating Samsung tv

(Topic created on: 05-11-2023 05:52 PM)
Tv overheating
First Poster
Options

we have a 85 inch smart tv that was always hot from the day we purchased (august of 2022) and according to geek squad “is normal”. About 3 months ago our tv just became all black, you could hear but no image. Then we noticed that you could actually see pictures on the background. Called geek squad and they said it was the led.  
we changed the led strip and it was working for about 30 minutes then the bottom of the tv started to become so hot that burned the led again, so now more than half of our tv has no imagine, the living room ( and it is an open space, with a ceiling fan) gets so hot that we actually had to unplug the tv. 
we never had a tv doing that. It gets so hot that is melting the white screen inside the tv. 
this is a hazard. It should be on recall from the amount of people complaining with the same thing.

any Tip on how to fix this? If is even possible

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
CarlH
Options

Good evening, @Tv overheating . It would be best if an engineer inspected your TV. Take a look at this link to see your options. 

Kdj3
First Poster
Options

My 85" Tv Overheated as well about 9 months into owning it. Is there a recall yet on these tv's? 

0 Likes
Abrown112
First Poster
Options

What concerns me is I have had this issue as well. The bottom corner on both sides are white from burning so hot and we have two shaded bars down the left and right side of the screen. I talked to a representative since Best Buy had told us to and they had said they can't do anything about it. I can't imagine having a TV less than a year and yet they cannot do anything that is creating a safety hazard.

0 Likes