Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Subtitles on Q60T are too low in Disney+ app

(Topic created on: 16-09-2020 07:57 PM)
Bladerunner2063
Journeyman
Options

Hi,

I have a problem with the Disney+ app on one of my 3 Samsung TV's.

On the 43" Q60T the subtitles are two low in the picture meaning that when there are two rows of text half of the bottom row is missing.

If I open the Disney+ app on my iPhone and send it to the Q60T over Airplay there are no problems.

I have tried all picture settings on the TV and subtitle options in the App without any luck.

Please advice..... 

50 REPLIES 50
Joogle
Journeyman
Options

Nice solution. But this actually doesn't fix the problem for other languages...
Because you want to use your tv in the prefered language.

0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

it's because it's more of a workaround. disney is still the one who has to fix this bug properly.

Hejmeddig
Student
Options

Works like a charm 👍👍👍

0 Likes
Bladerunner2063
Journeyman
Options

Thanks a lot Anders !
I am very impressed by you finding a work around that does not make any sense whatsoever 🙂
The irony is that if you have your TV set to English you probably dont need subtitles anyway.
But it works like a charm for me as well ! 

0 Likes
David vanbellinghen
First Poster
Options

This is ridiculous. I have the same problem on my brand new The Serif 55 inch 2020. And even worse: the second line is completely out of the screen when @ 100% with for example Prison Break. And if I set the subtitles to 200%, I don't even see the first line completely! Thank you Disney+!!!

0 Likes
Bladerunner2063
Journeyman
Options

Hi David, have you tested the workaround suggested by Anders ?

0 Likes
Namrepus74
First Poster
Options

Thanks for the solution, from Denmark, i even have problems with the tv app DR APP, it wouldn't work in Danish either, but when i changed it to English it would install and work fine.. thanks again.

0 Likes
Nyhtänköljä
Student
Options
the bug still occurs in Finnish, luckily I found this, and put it in English.
i don't understand why samsung couldn't fix the bug at the same time from everyone, jesus it can't be that hard.
0 Likes
Bladerunner2063
Journeyman
Options

I dont think this is a Samsung issue as such.
I have several other streaming services that worked well with setup language in Danish on my TV - Only Disney+ failed.
So this is most likely a Disney+ problem.

0 Likes
Dolphinen
First Poster
Options

Problem is still not fixed. And the workaround changing the language didnt work for me. UE50TU8505 is my model. When I chatted with Disney+ they just told med to take it up with my tv provider, and then cut of the chat. I dont think they will fix this.

0 Likes