Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart TV does not have enough space to install software update, but the only apps I have are ones Samsung pre-installed

(Topic created on: 10-02-2021 06:37 PM)
Trudie98
First Poster
Options

Have tried 3 different methods of contacting Samsung but it seems no customer service is available right now, so here goes. The problem is simple: I have insufficient storage space so cannot install my TV's software update. Here's the thing though, I have deleted all the apps I possibly can. I only had 3 that I installed, so got rid of them. Now I'm left with the bloatware (apps that came already installed and that cannot be deleted or disabled). The option to delete is greyed out. The update requires over  100MB, I have 93.96MB available. 

What I've tried: Reinstalling the preinstalled apps to reset their data/cache, and making sure anything I've installed is deleted.

I have no idea what to do now. I should note that I find it absolutely ridiculous that I'm in this situation to begin with. After buying a product I should have more control over what is taking up precious space on it. I understand the financial appeal of bloatware but this is a headache.

Any help would be very appreciated

34 REPLIES 34
gregoryh325
First Poster
Options

Yah but doesn't that also get rid of all the tv calibration settings?

0 Likes
richiebucky
Student
Options

please could i ask you for that link . for T.v issue

0 Likes
timepink
First Poster
Options

Let's add one more TV to this thread. UN43MU6100G model here, second time having this storage problem. The first time was resolved with a simple reset, but this time it didn't work. It is also having other problems, like refusing to turn on from the remote (sometimes) and the volume getting stuck with the mute icon flashing on the screen without being actually muted. This TV is going crazy. It also doesn't have a button below the logo and I also didn't found any joystick in the back...

At least the factory apps are useful...

0 Likes
Kat M
Student
Options

I bought my tv in 2019. Now I'm having this same issue as everyone else. I kept ignoring the notification about insufficient storage and tonight, i clicked on it and wished i had kept ignoring it. All my internal storage is consumed by their ***** apps that i dont use. Customer service logged a ticket we'll see how far i get after i chew someone's a** for their ****** updates i have no control over. Shouldn't have to use a ***** usb or buy a new TV. 

0 Likes
Minyal1980
Troubleshooter
Options

Hi,

you cant use a USB for Firmware Updates oder pre Installed apps.

If the internal memory is full, you cant do anything and if you want to Install new Firmware Updates,

you can do this only with Help from Remote Support.

The solution with USB stick to expand Internal memory is useful if you want to install apps you can install and remove from store.
Pre Installes apps can't moved to usb drive.

Sometimes Moderators from the board will tell you, you can use a usb drive to solve the problem.
but it is a lie and Samsung ignore the problem.

0 Likes
Kat M
Student
Options

I'm already aware of this. I think you might have misread my post? I know what a USB is for and what they were trying to get me to do. They have it as a default setting through the Smarthub apps to automatically install updates which then exhausts all your internal memory on your tv. Therefore all you get is the "bloatware" or pre-installed apps. 

I went from having the apps i added, now won't re-download, due to all the tv memory being exhausted from all their upgrades for the pre-installed that I dont use.

0 Likes
Minyal1980
Troubleshooter
Options

Hi,

i understand you post, and i want to say, you can't do anything.

Your Ticket will never be closed wit a solution and you problem will not be solved.
You are one of many Users with the same problem. (also myself from German Community)

I only want to say, don't accept a solution from Hotline or moderators to use a USB Drive to Expand internal memory.

0 Likes
Marty00
Apprentice
Options
Same issue here. Netflix and 4OD will no longer work through the preinstalled apps on the tv as no room to update them or tv. Cannot delete the apps and mive onto a usb stick as they cannot be deleted as preinstalled! Absolutely rediculous!
0 Likes
Msueiro1977
First Poster
Options

Did anyone ever get this resolved? I have a Samsung Curved LED Smart Tv Model UN65MU6500. 

I’ve only got the apps pre installed on my Samsung 65” TV.  

USED: 816.18 MB

Available:  0%.

It’s ridiculous!  I have 6 Samsung TV’s in my house and have always bought them for my whole family. I will never buy one again. EVER!  

I suggest everyone else should follow my advice. 

0 Likes
Partita
Pathfinder
Options

Free up storage on your TV and make room for more apps to download and use. A few tips to do so include clearing your compatible TV's app cache and data, resetting the Smart Hub as well as resetting your TV.

0 Likes