Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart TV can't search and can't find Spotify

(Topic created on: 04-08-2021 01:34 PM)
Tommi03
First Poster
Options

Hi, I have a Samsung Smart TV but I can't find certain apps in the Samsung appstore, for example spotify. I have made sure that my TV is updated and I have even tried changing my region but I still can't find it. My appstore doesn't have the "searchbar" either so i'm pretty lost. Any help? Thanks

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hey @Tommi03 ,

the availability of the app may differ from a TV to another. Can I please take your TV model so I can check that? This can be found at the back on a white sticker. 

0 Likes
Tommi03
First Poster
Options

Hi, it is UE55HU6905U

0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Thanks for the quick reply! Is the TV running on version 1310.0? You can check this from the phone Settings> Support> About this TV/Contact Samsung.

Can I also ask if you have tried to find the app following the steps listed on page 74 of the TV manual? You can find this from here: https://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/UM/201411/20141127124859330/[ENG]NUDVBEUH-1.111-1015.pdf

0 Likes
Tommi03
First Poster
Options

Current version is indeed 1310

On the manual there is this quick installation steps, but the problem is that the spotify app can't be found in the categories, it should be under "lifestyle" but it isn't, and for the USB app installation I will try it now

0 Likes
Tommi03
First Poster
Options

I can't run the apps on the USB device on my TV, can't do it in the multimedia usb thing and it doesn't detect them in the samsungs apps

0 Likes