Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

updating tv firmware

(Topic created on: 04-08-2021 02:49 PM)
zilla908
Apprentice
Options

hello, my tv doesn't find a update and I have only a phone now no usb stick, downloaded the update, got my phone to show up, all other files are showing but not this, not inside another folder and it is unzipped. tv is sharing network from my phone so don't know why it can't find the update. do I need to get a usb stick to get it updated

4 REPLIES 4
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @zilla908  The only update options are over the air on Tv or by downloading firmware to USB  and updating that way.   see more here  https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/tv-audio-video/how-do-i-update-the-software-on-my-samsung-smart-t... 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

zilla908
Apprentice
Options

can I get a fix to the thing that I can't update the firmware. looked at threads at us community and there's the same problem with people. I bought a usb stick, which doesn't really differ from the phone storage but the tv does not recognize the firmware update file. so could the update file be in any different format. if they could do anything about this at samsung

0 Likes
zilla908
Apprentice
Options

why can' t I upgrade it with a usb stick. formatted as fat 32 i pretty sure. it can read it but file is not showing up there. and if your thinking of some of the usual problems it's none of those

0 Likes
zilla908
Apprentice
Options

I'll contact samsung if I can get a answer there

0 Likes