Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shadow on Samsung TV Screen

(Topic created on: 20-10-2020 07:01 PM)
PaulM13
First Poster
Options

I have a Samsung TV (Model Code UE55KU6500) which I bought approximately 3 years ago. 

The TV has recently developed a dark VERTICAL shadow in the middle of the screen from top to bottom

I contacted Samsung who advised me to contact their recommended repair company.

I contacted the repair company who advised that it is not uncommon for this issue to occur and the repair cost is £600 for a new screen. Given the fact that the TV is not exacly old I was really shocked by the repair cost.

Has anyone else in the Samsung Community experienced this issue please  and I would welcome any feedback on the best way to resolve this matter.

Thank You

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @PaulM13 

Did our Support team run through any troubleshooting steps with you to try to resolve the issue?

0 Likes
Mark6811
Apprentice
Options

Same issue with my 65 inch quoted over £900 to fix, its less than 2.5 years old.

Totally unacceptable! Just look on this community or google the symptoms. There are 100s of instances of this issue.

Clearly a major design flaw with Samsung.

0 Likes
Christine1962
Student
Options

763665C4-A260-4A14-9E84-99A41CAD2EB6.jpeg

0 Likes
Christine1962
Student
Options

This is also the same problem with the same model I are complaining higher up as there is hundreds the same and this must be a fault with  Samsung not the customer 

0 Likes
Members_U3iuVgv
First Poster
Options

I have just developed exactly the same issue. At present it is only just noticable on lighter backgrounds, but , reading this forum, I am now concerned it will get worse as time goes on. I bouth this TV at the end of 2018 for nearly £2000 - I DO NOT expect it to develop what looks like a common issue this soon at that price. If it does get worse, and I have to replace , then I will not be buying Samsung again - Hisense of LG here I come.

0 Likes
ComeInUnit91
First Poster
Options

Any resolution to this? I’m having the exact same issue. I used to think Samsung was top of the line  

image.jpg

0 Likes