Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen Fault with 55" Q700T QLED 8K HDR Smart TV (2020)

(Topic created on: 20-09-2022 06:40 PM)
Kim43
Student
Options

Can anyone offer advice if they have had the same issue with the Q7000T QLED 8K TV screen.  The TV is less than 2 years old and I have already had the screen replaced once under warranty.  It has broke again and now Samsung are expecting me to pay to have it replaced which is outrageous as the Support Engineer has confirmed that Samsung issued a bulletin in January  to say the television screens were faulty and would need replacing. 

Has anyone had similar issues with this fault and had it repaired outside of the 12 warranty period?

35 REPLIES 35
lyny
Journeyman
Options
I'm having the same screen problem but Argos and Samsung
0 Likes
lyny
Journeyman
Options
How did it go? I'm being told no 5 year warranty via Argos!! Not true. Screen needs replacing.
0 Likes
lyny
Journeyman
Options
Hi, great news. Who did you deal with please?
0 Likes
lyny
Journeyman
Options
I too bought in 2020. Getting nowhere with Samsung. Can you help me please letter/email to samsung to get repair/replacement.
0 Likes
Ajclarkey
Apprentice
Options

I haven’t taken the TV anywhere yet. Like I said the official Samsung repair centre is an hours drive away for them to write a report on the issue costing £25 to try and get some refund through consumer rights act but this comes from the retailer - in your case Argos would need this report and they are liable to partially refund you. I thought direct from Samsung website so get passed between their departments complicating matters. 
I don’t wish to pay out £79 for their pick up and diagnose fee to try and get this refund but trying to find the item for a 2 hour round trip with 2 young children is almost impossible.

i may have to put it down to experience and not touch Samsung ever again and tell everyone how poor this service is

0 Likes
Bryant496
First Poster
Options

It would appear I may not been in the same boat, TV under 3 years, wasn’t one of the lucky ones to get 5 year cover (appears to be promo subject to retailer). 

I brought from a long term independent store, but I have since moved away from the store (4 hour drive) and since found out it shut up shop last year as owner counldnt continue.

so are people being suggessful with their fights against Samsung for these ***** screens on what would have been premium devices for many?

obviously I can’t look at my retailer to support consumer goods act.

would be good if it’s is a known issue by Samsung is if they issues a repair bulletin against the TV that it was visable, as that would aid many to argue for Samsung to support/fix/replace 

0 Likes