Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen Fault with 55" Q700T QLED 8K HDR Smart TV (2020)

(Topic created on: 20-09-2022 06:40 PM)
Kim43
Student
Options

Can anyone offer advice if they have had the same issue with the Q7000T QLED 8K TV screen.  The TV is less than 2 years old and I have already had the screen replaced once under warranty.  It has broke again and now Samsung are expecting me to pay to have it replaced which is outrageous as the Support Engineer has confirmed that Samsung issued a bulletin in January  to say the television screens were faulty and would need replacing. 

Has anyone had similar issues with this fault and had it repaired outside of the 12 warranty period?

35 REPLIES 35
Members_cEXMDSR
Student
Options

I've got this fault after 9 months. Just tried to fine out why I wasn't offered the 5yr warranty at the time I bought it 9 months ago. I DID register it at the time of pruchase - as would anyone with half a brain. So I re-registed the TV with Samsung for the 5 year warranty just now. Ignoring the 90 day bull****. Then it worked and I got a "Gift Samsung 5 year Warranty", via email too. OK they've now deleted the 5yr warranty. Left me worried the TV is an expensive dud.

0 Likes
Julieta99
Journeyman
Options

Hi Jan, to let you know, that a replacement set has been agreed. With the 5 year guarantee the faulty set was deemed, beyond economic repair with it being the same fault, (faulty screen) and my new set is on it's way and should be delivered tomorrow.

I am pleased with the outcome, but this was due to the extended guarantee I had and I feel the frustration where a recognised faulty model is left for the owner to fix or replace without Manufacturer support. 

My new set has a new 5 year guarantee, but i am hoping that I won't have a repeat problem, fingers crossed!

Julieta99
Journeyman
Options

Fingers crossed for you, please let us know how you get on.

0 Likes
Fiona Aitcheson
First Poster
Options

I bought mine Dec 2020. Wasn't told at the time that we had to register to get 5 year warranty. Screen broke at 13 months old. Fought with Samsung and got it replaced free. Screen has now broken again 13 months after first repair. Samsung say I have to pay for repair but am going to fight it again after seeing on here that screens are faulty. Am gutted as TV was £1500 

GeorgeSm1
First Poster
Options

Hello I have a UE58TU TV, just jver 2 years old abd today screen is playing up and TV turns off and on every 2 minutes - what is the best way to complain and engage Samsung? Thanks

0 Likes
samshanks
Journeyman
Options
What issues were you having? I'm having quite a few dark flashing bars at the bottom of the screen. Now the darned this keeps resetting
0 Likes
Julieta99
Journeyman
Options

I had bought my tv from a department store, who were amazing to deal with. Perhaps try social media with samsung if you cannot contact them directly. Good luck

0 Likes
Julieta99
Journeyman
Options

when the tv went faulty, the tv was clicking like it was trying to turn on and at the same time there was a small amount of brightness in one corner. As the tv couldn't turn on in a continual clicking cycle we had to turn the tv off at the mains switch as it was totally unusable.

Good luck, it is a frustrating problem for sure.

0 Likes
samshanks
Journeyman
Options
Thank you ❤️
0 Likes
Chris Arthur
First Poster
Options

My QLED 8k 65 has a similar issue.

It’s happening using both the smart and standard remotes so confident it’s not them.

I can turn it on but the screen goes grey when I press the home button and goes either green or pink when I press the source button.

It will switch the the PlayStation but I have no access to HD channels or any apps and can’t hard reset it as I can’t access any settings.

I’ve cleaned the hdmi ports and turned it off on the wall and waited 60seconds as well as turning the PlayStation and internet router off the same way…. Registered a problem with Samsung and waiting for an engineer appointment to be arranged.

I bought the tv in November 2020, but didn’t buy it for a 2 year life span ….