Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Universal Remote with Sky Q box ES340

(Topic created on: 25-11-2020 04:56 PM)
thecrofter
Apprentice
Options

Just upgraded to Sky Q 1TB from Sky+HD.

There appear to be many threads on compatibility between Sky Q and the Samsung Universal Remote but I can't find a solution to my particular problem. Everything seems to have set up correctly barring the Escape/Back/Backup button (whichever term you like). I went through the usual setup which took what  now seems to be a regulation four attempts before it recognises the channel up/down function, but frustratingly, whilst everything else seems to work it doesn't enable the back button when operating in Sky Q menus hence you have to use the Sky remote to exit!

Anyone any idea or am I forever going to have to use two remote controls?

TV - Model UE43KS7500UXXU

SkY Q (Cisco?) - Model ES340d8UK

Samsung Remote - Model BN59-01242A

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
DUMITRU79
Troubleshooter
Options
Could you press the "home button " , then go to "source" menu and try to use the " universal remote" option
0 Likes
thecrofter
Apprentice
Options

Thanks for your reply but selecting Universal Remote as the Source just takes you into the option of setting it up again so that isn’t a solution I’m afraid.

0 Likes
DUMITRU79
Troubleshooter
Options
Yes , that was the point
0 Likes
thecrofter
Apprentice
Options

Latest attempt via the manual setup actually gets me to a list of Cisco devices. Passing through umpteen versions of 'Explorer' gets to the closest device to mine which is ES340B. Unfortunately, selecting this model still doesn't give me the ability to use the Dismiss/Escape/Back/Backup button from the Sky Q menu. Given that the Sky Q app has been pulled from the App Store and the Sky Go & Sky+ apps don't have full functionality for Sky Q, I'm beginning to wonder if "upgrading" was a wise choice!

TheBell
Journeyman
Options

I agree. Changing to Sky Q has been a terrible choice for me: The BBC red button that worked perfectly on my Sky +HD no longer works; It is not possible to setup my Samsung remote properly with Sky Q (also worked perfectly with Sky +HD box), meaning I am now saddled with using two remotes; The installation meant a new dish had to be fitted and FRUSTRATINGLY the bracket for the new dish has its mounting holes in different places to the old, so now I have unused holes in my wall; Due to 'health and safety' the installer had to drill another hole (at eye-level!) in my wall simply to anchor his ladder .... all in all BEWARE: Sky Q is a nonsense

0 Likes