Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung UE43tu7100 screen too dark

(Topic created on: 06-12-2020 09:17 PM)
HG19
First Poster
Options

I have recently purchased this Samsung tv and am extremely underwhelmed with it. No matter what I do the picture is just not height or vibrant enough. I use the standard picture mode, with the brightness on 50 which is max, I have turned all eco solution settings off which helped but anything is Amazon prime is too dim and just not very vibrant. I’ve contacted Samsung support and they just tell me to turn up the gamma and shadow detail which just makes the picture look worse. I’ve updated the tv to 1410 which is the latest software and have reset multiple times. This set has great reviews and won an award, why is my one so bad. I’ve done device care which says all is good and the picture test, just don’t know what’s gone wrong or what I can do, any help would be great. Amazon prime is pretty bad but all sources are pretty dim, surely the backlight can’t be faulty already, happened when I first got it, can’t return it now :(.

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
is it dark when watching TV credits and some programs, where there should be more light,
0 Likes
HG19
First Poster
Options

It’s dark on everything, the grand tour hdr on Amazon prime is unwatchable because of this, don’t know what the issue is.

0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
0 Likes
Members_sLRoZkT
First Poster
Options

Unfortunately I've the same issue the worse bit for me is all my tvs are samsung and even the old 6300 is still far better. I believe in the software the brightness is governed down to stop failure of the panel. However those who have gone from a poor TV will thinks its great. I Unfortunately i do not. Its really horrible and I am waiting on an engineer. That said samsung don't mess about they have a fantastic customer care team. Please contact them.

0 Likes