Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung UA43MU6100 showing no content found on HDD

(Topic created on: 14-07-2018 05:26 AM)
Ryanflack
Apprentice
Options

Hi all,

I have had my Samsung TV for roughly 12 months and have had no problems plugging my Seagate HDD into the USB slot and watching movies. Untill recently it has started coming up 'no content found'. It works on other TV's and is fine on my computer. It also powers up the hard drive and comes up with the option in the source menu so I don't think it's a power issue. Have tried both USB slots and with and without a USB extender. Any help would be great

Thanks 

Go to solution
80 REPLIES 80
CoolBreeze23
Explorer
Options

OK, I just contacted Samsung. Here is the exact chat transcript with my personal information redacted. HTH everyone. I do not know why the TV did not autoupdate or why when I checked with the smart remote, the TV said no update was available. Go figure....but things are working great now. I need to edit the photo in chunks so you can clearly see because the length makes it hard to see....hold on...I will try to change. Here is also a link. I uploaded jpeg to this image hosting website. Click on zoom to enlarge the long image.

https://postimg.cc/bSRDkqBX

Also>>>>

iCloud sharing link. Drag magnify slider to enlarge.

https://share.icloud.com/photos/0GZn65rE-NFVWpat4daK_CCPQ

0 Likes
conuma
First Poster
Options

as above but there is an software update available from the samsung support page. I followed the instructions and it updated firmware to 1300. Has to be done via USB. My tv did not find the online update so had todo the usb one and by gosh it works.

CoolBreeze23
Explorer
Options

Cool and thanks! The Samsung tech did ask me today if the firmware update they sent me said 1300. I don't know why the smart TVs do not find and autoupdate. This could save a lot of frustration. If you have a different TV, you may want to check the Samsung website manually for any available firmware update and install manually via USB using the instructions below>>>

"When the file has finished downloading, locate it and then unzip the file. There should be one folder inside. 1.Copy or Move the folder to a USB flash drive and do not place it inside any other folders. If you place the software folder inside a folder on the USB drive, the TV will not find it. 2.Connect the USB drive containing the software upgrade into a USB port on your TV. 3.Using your TV's remote, navigate to Settings, and select Support. Select Software Update, select Update Now, and then select Yes. Your TV will search the USB drive for update files. Follow the on-screen instructions to install the updated software. Updates usually take a few minutes; please do not turn off the TV until the update is complete. When the update is finished, the TV will restart automatically"

Here is the link conuma mentioned. HTH

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/downloads/?model=N0022570&modelCode=UN43MU6300FXZA

0 Likes
John Z
Journeyman
Options

Wow!  That was easy.  Updating to the recently posted firmware update on the Samsung site fixed the issue for me too.   Thank you Samsung.  Now we don't need a class action suit and hopefully a lesson learned for Samsung to respond better to software bugs in the future, because I like my Samsung tv otherwise and would buy and recommend another Samsung tv if these types of issues are addressed swiftly.

0 Likes
muschiosauro
First Poster
Options

I had the same issue. First the thumbnails stopped showing video previews, then I started getting the "no content found" message.

In my case, it turns out it was due to lack of memory. In order to free some space, I unistalled all the smart tv apps that i do not use, then I plugged a usb drive to extend the tv storage space and installed new apps on the usb drive rather than on the TV. Since then the HDD started working fine as usual and the "no content found" message disappeared.

Hope this may be useful.

0 Likes
laz305
Apprentice
Options

All you gotta do is plug in a usb drive to extend tv storage or gotta mess with settings also? Cuz I always have a 256GB flash drive plugged in at all times and I still ended up getting the no content error when I would plug in an additional drive. 

0 Likes
muschiosauro
First Poster
Options

I just plugged in a usb drive. The only other thing I did - which might be the key thing to do, though - was removing as many apps as possible from the TV storage. I noticed I had just 1MB left in the tv storage  and I think that might have been the real issue, at least in my case.

0 Likes
MrRor
First Poster
Options

Great! Now, if they just acknowledged the bug and released a similar fix for UE43RU7090UXZT ....

0 Likes
MrRor
First Poster
Options

Three months and still no news from Samsung.

(no, 1392.0 firmware release didn't fix it)

It must be something related to Windows file system, as some files (of the same kind and in a similar folder hierarchy) are shown while others aren't, ie:

Videos\Movies\Movie 1\Movie.mkv NOT SHOWN

Videos\Music Videos\Music Video 1\Music Video.mkv SHOWN

But it's nonetheless a Samsung side problem and it's frustrating.

Nobody answered about it in the italian forum, and chatting with support was pretty useless too, they initally thought I didn't know how to share folders and closed the chat when they understood my request, without even assuring me that it whould be taken in consideration.

0 Likes
samsaka
First Poster
Options

Indeed renaming the folder worked like a charm (while unplugging for over 5 minutes did not)

0 Likes