Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Software update

(Topic created on: 11-07-2018 11:17 PM)
Edgie70
Troubleshooter
Options

Hi all , can someone confirm if this TV is due an update , it's a UE49MU6500U , if it is I take it I can download to a usb stick then put it in the TV and follow the instructions , thanks 20180711_230951.jpg

Screenshot_20180711-231212_Chrome.jpg

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @Edgie70.

There is a firmware update available for your TV but unfortunately, this is not as yet, available to download directly from our website. We would suggest contacting our Support Team on 0330 726 7864 and they will arrange to send out a USB stick containing the latest update.

paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@ChrisM wrote:

Hi @Edgie70.

There is a firmware update available for your TV but unfortunately, this is not as yet, available to download directly from our website. We would suggest contacting our Support Team on 0330 726 7864 and they will arrange to send out a USB stick containing the latest update.

It seems so odd that some of your tv's you suggest need the update so if that is the case, won't all the models need the update, or is it a fault on certain sets, and why is the update not available on your site and also why do you not put a description of the update is for? Think is if one set is working ok why is it a set of the same model needs an update that is not generally available. Got me scratching my head. 

One good thing the catcha seems to have gone.

Paul

0 Likes
Edgie70
Troubleshooter
Options

Thank you , I'll give them a call 

0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

1221.0  is available  on the Samsung site, however a month previously 1230.0 was available for download.      This is the firmware  I have on a different MU model.  Therefore if calling @Edgie70, I would request the 1230 version.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
Edgie70
Troubleshooter
Options

Hi James , I've rang Samsung and they're sending a usb stick with the latest update on it , it's probably the 1221 on the website , I've not got a computer so I'd have to download off their site to my tablet and do it that way 

0 Likes