Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung TV & Denon DHT-S216 Soundbar

(Topic created on: 22-09-2020 12:49 PM)
Radioshack2000
First Poster
Options

I have a Samsung UE55TU8000 55` 4K UHD Smart LED TV with a Denon DHT-S216 Black Soundbar I have them connected via an ARC HDMI connection all works well and volume on the soundbar works on TV remote. The LEDs on the sound bar indicates TV (ARC) 2 lights. The problem starts when I change source say to my firestick the 2 LEDs stays on the sound bar indicates TV (ARC) and all is working perfectly but if I switch back to terrestrial TV on the television. the soundbar reverts back to 1 LED the sound bar indicates HDMI and no sound comes from the soundbar. The only way I can resolve this is to manually switch the back to TV (ARC) on the soundbar remote. The 2 led lights come back on and I have sound. I can change channels and even switch on and off and all is well it is only when I switch to a different source and back again I get this problem. Its driving me mad. I have contacted Samsung and Denon with no luck       

36 REPLIES 36
matmoo
Explorer
Options

Hi,

Thanks for your response. Are you suggesting that in order for the soundbar to work when switching from a DTS X or Dolby Digital source you need both the HDMI ARC and optical cable connected to the TV?

0 Likes
SuJo47
Journeyman
Options
Hi Jordi
would you be able to provide me with the updated firmware and instructions please?
Denon are not providing this anymore as they say their firmware download sites were taken down.
Thanks
John
0 Likes
SuJo47
Journeyman
Options
Hi
would you be able to forward the firmware to me to please?
Thanks
0 Likes
matmoo
Explorer
Options

Hi,

I can send you the firmware and instructions for Denon DHT-S216 however it won't fix the issue with compatibility with Samsung's 2020 QLED TVs. Samsung's implementation of CEC is shoddy and that is the real problem. If you reply to this with your email though I will forward on.

0 Likes
SuJo47
Journeyman
Options

Thanks please send me a PM

0 Likes
Comunityname
First Poster
Options

Same exact problem here. I've got an Samsung UE43RU7100 in combination with a Denon DHT-S316. It works for a couple of minutes, but then quits on me. The only way to get it to work is by using the optic cable, but then i need to use an extra remote. The ARC function on the tv and soundbar are the reasons i bought this one in the first place. 

0 Likes
Unhumanje
First Poster
Options

Hi Jordi,

Any chance you can share these with me? I'm based in Spain as well.

0 Likes
Unhumanje
First Poster
Options

Hi Matmoo, could you share this with me please?

0 Likes
matmoo
Explorer
Options

Hi there, if you PM me your email address I'll forward it on.

Mat

0 Likes
FatFeddyDK
First Poster
Options

Hello my friend. Any chance you would share with me also?

0 Likes