Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung TV & Denon DHT-S216 Soundbar

(Topic created on: 22-09-2020 12:49 PM)
Radioshack2000
First Poster
Options

I have a Samsung UE55TU8000 55` 4K UHD Smart LED TV with a Denon DHT-S216 Black Soundbar I have them connected via an ARC HDMI connection all works well and volume on the soundbar works on TV remote. The LEDs on the sound bar indicates TV (ARC) 2 lights. The problem starts when I change source say to my firestick the 2 LEDs stays on the sound bar indicates TV (ARC) and all is working perfectly but if I switch back to terrestrial TV on the television. the soundbar reverts back to 1 LED the sound bar indicates HDMI and no sound comes from the soundbar. The only way I can resolve this is to manually switch the back to TV (ARC) on the soundbar remote. The 2 led lights come back on and I have sound. I can change channels and even switch on and off and all is well it is only when I switch to a different source and back again I get this problem. Its driving me mad. I have contacted Samsung and Denon with no luck       

36 REPLIES 36
matmoo
Explorer
Options

Sure PM me your email address

0 Likes
FatFeddyDK
First Poster
Options

Pm sent :winking-face:

0 Likes
FatFeddyDK
First Poster
Options

Can someone who has installed the firmware v30 tell if the responsiveness of the soundbar/remote improves with the new firmware? Especially the vol up/vol down.

0 Likes
Unhumanje
First Poster
Options

I installed this because I had a very weird issue where when I watch Dolby content and I skip/pause the whole soundbar would freeze. This seemed to help a bit and I was convinced it was fixed for a while, but I still get this sometimes. It seems it gets much worse when I choose “pure” mode… Very frustrating and still no idea how to fix.

I haven’t seen any improvements/ changes beyond this though.

0 Likes
FatFeddyDK
First Poster
Options

The sluggishness in the daily use I have seems to be a general thing with this soundbar. But my biggest problem is that sometimes it just won't come out of standby. Only way to wake it up is to unplug the power cord and count to ten before connecting it again. It's a pain in the a.. especially when the wife is calling me at work and can't get the sound to turn on 😞 but I have not found a bar that do dialogue better than this so maybe I just have to live with that.

When you have freeze problems do you then also need to unplug it?

Don't know if firmware would fix that. Do you happen to still have the firmware files? And if you do would/could you somehow pass it on to me?

I have asked other user for the firmware but never received it.

0 Likes
Unhumanje
First Poster
Options

Yep similarly, when it freezes for me (though it freezes when I play Dolby content on my end) - I need to manually unplug and plug it back in. Nothing else works.

I THINK the firmware made it a bit better for me, but it might just be placebo effect. I do suggest that you:

1) remove standby - I think you hold the 'night' button for a few seconds to disable this. It's useless and doesn't work well with most TVs. You should have the soundbar turn on/off with your TV.
2) Use movie mode, not pure mode

I can fw you the firmware if you ping me a PM with your email address.

0 Likes
FatFeddyDK
First Poster
Options

I have send pm :smiling-face:

Thanks for the tips. I have already disabled auto standby and enabled quick start just because I needed to do something :smiling-face: O am also using movie mode only. Unfortunately it still happens once or twice a month. It could maybe also be Dolby related here, i'm not sure. I will try to see if I can find a pattern. I've tried too reach out to Denon, but they were not very helpful. As we do not have any Denon support in Denmark, they told me to contact the authorized seller I bought it from, and they of course, know nothing.

0 Likes
JohannesZu
Explorer
Options

Hello, I'm from Romania! yesterday I bought DHT-S216 and I own a Samsung 55TU8372 4K TV, unfortunately I have the same problem! has anything been resolved?

0 Likes
matmoo
Explorer
Options

Hi, unfortunately not no. Samsung don't seem to care about this issue. I was hoping the latest Samsung TV firmware would fix it but it's just the same..

JohannesZu
Explorer
Options

Today I called Denon Romania to tell them the whole story! They told me to pack their product and send it to the service, they will send it to the service they have in Poland! But he told me he didn't guarantee it was their fault! I'm seriously thinking now if I keep it or give it back to the store and take my money back, out of 14 days available I still have 6 days available to return it! I'm very sorry for it because I really liked the quality of the soundbar!

0 Likes