Did you mean: 

Samsung QN90C

(Topic created on: 29-01-2024 01:05 PM)
Hello101
Apprentice
Options
Hey Guys 👋

I need some support from the community 🙏

I have the Samsung QN90C and feel like I am having issues. The Eye Comfort mode isn't making much of a difference at all. This is an exchange model as the first model's back panel had come apart from the screen and it was like this out of the box so had it replaced, but I remember when using the comfort mode on the first tv it made a noticeable difference. 

The retailer is John Lewis and unfortunately I tested the comfort mode on the replacement tv a month after the exchange which meant I had to go to Samsung for support under the 1st years manufacturers warranty. I'm not sure if John Lewis have sent me a used model? 

Anway, I have spoken to Samsung 3 times so far and they've tried talking me through as well as connecting remotely a few times playing around with settings to make the brighteness less. But I have explained to Samsung that I have enough knowledge to know that this is an issue and I shouldn't have to manipulate the settings to try and emulate the Eye Comfort mode because this setting is totally different and should simply work as adervtised and as intended by just toggling it on. 

I was then asked to send in my proof of purchase despite them having all of my purchase details on record and even with John Lewis having referred me at the start of this query. They asked this so they could send out an engineer but after sending this they have arranged another call for me. I hope this wont be to go through further diagnostics because it has NOTHING to do with playing around with the settings and it would be patronising if they do because I seem to know more about this TV than the advisors who are following general guidance.

Can I ask if any other users who have the Eye Comfort mode setting on their TV to please test and let me know what difference you're seeing in case it is just me going mad! 🤯

Thanks guys ✌️
0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
EJ123
Apprentice
Options

Hi,

I have a 43 inch qn90c.  I tested the eye comfort mode. custom start and end time.

For testing. I set the start time as 18.00, end time 18.05

On my tv, eye comfort seems to be working. eye comfort does not activate instantly. 

Gradually fades to a warmer tone, takes about a minute or 2.

At the end time, gradually fades back to normal / cooler, brighter tone.

tv on latest firmware: 1310

try using custom start and end time.

0 Likes
Hello101
Apprentice
Options
Thanks for your reply.

Yes I have set the time for it to be on all the time, it simply doesn't work as intended. I saw a clear difference on the first model I had before the exchange. I've also noticed there is a lot of flicker which is inconsistent. What I mean by this is, I've recorded a video on my Sky Q, and the same video shows flicker sometime and the other times doesn't and this is regardless of different clarity settings.

I am now certain that this TV may have either been refurbished/repaired or damaged from the warehouse. I've had issues with John Lewis before with their products, but their customer service is 0 to none.

I'm currently going through a long winded process with Samsung which ppl have told me nightmare stories about their customer service. So let's see what comes of it. So far I've spoken to them about 5 times, and they keep asking for validation treating me like a dishonest customer. I was promised a call back today and I haven't even received it. But I did send them videos again yesterday to their technical team.

Just gonna wait and see now 🙏

Thanks for your efforts ❤️
0 Likes
EJ123
Apprentice
Options

I don't have any flickering. 

If you have flickering while using an inbuilt app, like youtube, netflix, it's likely to be an issue with the TV. 

Most likely won't help. You could try resetting the tv. 

If Samsung don't help. Get John lewis to deal with the issue, under consumer rights. Within the first 6 months, if you think the item is faulty . You are entitled to a repair, replacement or a refund.

Check citizens advice website. 

Go to 'Consumer' section. Scroll down to 'something wrong with my purchase ' then click on ' return faulty goods' for more info

Hello101
Apprentice
Options
So Samsung have failed to assist me and I've given them every opportunity. Thank u for the advice above as I will be reaching out to John Lewis as well as Citizen Advice about consumer rights. I can't believe such a big company has this level of poor customer service. I feel like they're getting away with treating customers without any care in the world. But not with me as I will make sure I due my due diligence. I just feel sorry for vulnerable customers they've taken advantage of. The regulators won't be pleased with this and neither will the FOS. 🙌
0 Likes
Members_UW3UNRK
First Poster
Options

Are you having problems with the qn90c precisely picture problems?

0 Likes