Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5 year TV warranty promotion registration issue

(Topic created on: 20-01-2024 11:41 PM)
EJ123
Apprentice
Options

Hello. 

I purchased a 43qn90c.  And I'm struggling to get my TV registered, to claim 5 year warranty.

I got the registration link from Samsung support. I registered using the serial number found on the TV box , just assumed that would be the correct TV serial number.  Few days later I got an email confirming 5 year warranty successfully registered. 

I check my account, and TV was still showing as unregistered. 

Samsung live chat told me it's because I missed the final letter of the serial number. Serial number on TV sticker / menu, has an additional letter at the end. Which is missing on the TV box.

For example;

Serial number on box:          *****

serial number on TV menu: ******

For the past 2 month, I have tried multiple times to get the original registration ammended. Always told call back team will call in 2 days with an update. But I never get a callback.

I have also tried to re register using the serial number listed on the tv. But registration gets rejected. 

Get the following;

"Unfortunately, we were unable to register your product, for the following reason:

Serial Number already used in another Samsung promotion/ non-cumulative offers."

I hope someone can give me some advice on this situation. 

Thanks

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
Gurky
Helping Hand
Options
Via Samsung it'll usally say 1 year as the 5 year is a promotion. Yes the S/N is shorter on the box. Be aware it's only 90 days to register via the link below:

https://my-samsung.com/uk/mysamsung/offers/#/8LYTF7HRGFZ8V/
0 Likes
EJ123
Apprentice
Options

Gurky, Thanks for the reply 

I have tried to register with the serial number with the extra letter. but it fails. 

Get the following;

"Unfortunately, we were unable to register your product, for the following reason:

Serial Number already used in another Samsung promotion/ non-cumulative offers."

Currently tv is registered for the 5 year promotion, but its registered under the serial number found on the box, missing the final letter.

Im worried that if I need to make a claim, Samsung might refuse as the registered serial number does not match the serial number listed on the tv. 

I have tried to contact samsung, to find out if the extra letter is important, always told someone will look into it,  but no one calls back.

Do you think the extra letter is important?

thanks in advance

0 Likes
JP1916
First Poster
Options

Having similar issue.  Trying to register a Frame TV which was showing the 5 year warranty sign when purchased, now having problems registering.   Had a day of issues with this and cash back on Soundbar SN not recognised.  Disappointed with the difficulty in registering overall.  How do I now register the TV as it seems to be impossible through the links and I've spent enough time on this to want to complain.

0 Likes
EJ123
Apprentice
Options

Jp1916. 

Try messaging a mod, hopefully they will be able to help you with registering for the 5 year warranty. @Sam_UK 

I had no luck with live chat, and calling Samsung. 

Community Mod team were able to sort out the registration issue. And told me they would amend the original registration, so that it has the full serial number. 

0 Likes