Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung QE55Q80AATXXU HDMI 4 (2.1) picture problems

(Topic created on: 07-07-2021 03:11 PM)
skullnb0nes
First Poster
Options

I've recently purchased a Samsung QE55Q80AATXXU 4K UHD QLED TV that supports 120hz gaming for the new consoles.  I also purchased a Xbox Series S console a couple of days ago and I'm having problems with the picture during gameplay.

I've searched for the recommended settings to setup on the QLED TV for Game Mode on the HDMI 4 (2.1) port for the Series X/S and also setup the recommended settings on the Xbox Series S for games that are capable of 120fps with HDR and VRR (Freesync Premium).  I'm getting every so often problems were the TV picture goes blank complete with loss of sound during gameplay for 1-3 seconds and it only happens in game play. I've had no problems when in the games menu or the Xbox Series S dashboard.

I've tried all sorts of settings on the Xbox Series S by turning on and off the VRR, YCC 4:2:2, Auto HDR in the Video Modes and also changed the colour depth in the Video Fidelity & Overscan menu but the problem persists no matter what settings I have on or off.

Anyone else have the QE55Q80A model and if so what settings do you use for the Xbox Series X/S.

I've just purchased a new HDMI 2.1 lead which should arrive in a couple of days to see if it's a problems with the new console HDMI lead or if I can narrow the issue down to the Samsung QE55Q80AATXXU TV.

Please advise :smiling-face:

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1
chas37
First Poster
Options
It's not a cable fault. It's a faulty television set
0 Likes