Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Frame TV 2022 audio-sync issues after Art-mode fix

(Topic created on: 15-11-2022 01:31 PM)
Ehv_Nils
Apprentice
Options

In the past weeks, an issue existed with the Art-mode of 2022 Frame TV’s. This issue meant that the TV’s could no longer leave Art-mode without using a work-around (using the smartphone-app or voice control on the remote). The issue was fixed by Samsung via a software+update.

However … I now see multiple users (including me) experiencing sync-issues with audio in Netflix, HBO Max, YouTube etc. These issues mean that (in my case) I need to press pause/play every couple of minutes to re-sync. And that is not OK. 

The initial Art-mode issue is now marked as solved. So, to not let this new issue be buried somewhere, I would like to give/get some extra attention to the current issue and ask Samsung also for a fix for this one. 

Again this is not how such an expensive TV should work (or any TV b.t.w.)  so a short-term fix is highly appreciated. 

Link to previous issue: https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/tv/new-the-frame-tv-2022-stuck-in-art-mode-and-other-issues/m-p/...

63 REPLIES 63
Jack Svensson
Apprentice
Options

Anyone having any luck solving this? I did a factory reset and it did actually work for a while, but eventually the problem came back again. I was certain Samsung would release an update that would fix this but i guess not.

readingdancer
Apprentice
Options

I went away over the Christmas period, when we came back it said there was an update, I updated and since then it’s been working fine. The firmware version now says 1430

What version do you have?

Maybe worth doing a manual update in the setting section if you haven’t tried it. 

0 Likes
SFTV101
Explorer
Options

Thanks, I've checked and my version is the latest. The real problem is that Samsung is a hardware company and arrogantly views software as an afterthought, a final nail to be hammered down.  They only do the bare minimum and don't hire top talent.  It's the same reason cars have such terrible tech that's obsolete by the time the car rolls off the assembly line - eg. no one wants or needs their $2000 nav system.  

0 Likes
Jack Svensson
Apprentice
Options

Yes i recived that update. I am now beginning to wonder if i actually had the problem sorted with the reset and then this update messed it up again, but i really dont know. Even if this update was supposed to fix the out of sync problmem, how could we know if Samsung dont give any inofrmation about it. Anyway, i will try to return this TV now as i cant focus on what im watching without constantly ponder on if the audio is actually out of sync or not.

SFTV101
Explorer
Options

They clearly don't care nor do they have any sense of honor or responsibility that would drive them to WANT to do the right thing for their paying customers. If there are any attorneys on this thread, I'm sure many of us would happily join a class action lawsuit. 

0 Likes
GaryS2
First Poster
Options

Just had a 55" Frame installed, had sync issue (latest software update installed)

I disabled ALL adaptive functions (audio & video) & it solved the problem. 

Hope this works for others

moldyspore
Apprentice
Options

Are you able to list out exactly what options you disabled? That would be really helpful I think for everyone, just to make sure we are getting all the same things disabled. Bonus points if it's buried in a menu somewhere and you list the menu name too lol

Thanks in advance!

SFTV101
Explorer
Options

I suspect, and there is evidence (not conclusive yet, but getting there) that the Audio Sync issue happens after going from Art Mode, specifically in slideshow mode, to watching TV.  Maybe there is too much memory used up by slide show mode with all of the images, IDK, I'm not a professional.  When I've turned the TV off, and then started watching TV from that state, the issue hasn't re-appeared.  This is of course stupid.  And it's unacceptable that these people in the engineering dept haven't figured it out, yet several users aka people who are NOT professionals and it's NOT their job to figure it out, actually might've figured it out.  That's pathetic and infuriating.  

0 Likes
RogerP1
Journeyman
Options

Buying another Samsung?

0 Likes
SFTV101
Explorer
Options

Never.  Not one thing they make - they've proven themselves to be aggressively apathetic about software which they haven't figured out and refused to accept is just as important as hardware as it RUNS EVERYTHING. We have Samsung appliances too that came with our place and they have similarly stupid poorly conceived software.