Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Frame TV 2022 audio-sync issues after Art-mode fix

(Topic created on: 15-11-2022 01:31 PM)
Ehv_Nils
Apprentice
Options

In the past weeks, an issue existed with the Art-mode of 2022 Frame TV’s. This issue meant that the TV’s could no longer leave Art-mode without using a work-around (using the smartphone-app or voice control on the remote). The issue was fixed by Samsung via a software+update.

However … I now see multiple users (including me) experiencing sync-issues with audio in Netflix, HBO Max, YouTube etc. These issues mean that (in my case) I need to press pause/play every couple of minutes to re-sync. And that is not OK. 

The initial Art-mode issue is now marked as solved. So, to not let this new issue be buried somewhere, I would like to give/get some extra attention to the current issue and ask Samsung also for a fix for this one. 

Again this is not how such an expensive TV should work (or any TV b.t.w.)  so a short-term fix is highly appreciated. 

Link to previous issue: https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/tv/new-the-frame-tv-2022-stuck-in-art-mode-and-other-issues/m-p/...

63 REPLIES 63
RyanNTexas
Apprentice
Options

Please keep us updated. 

0 Likes
RogerP1
Journeyman
Options

Will try - can’t hurt !

0 Likes
LFR-PA
Apprentice
Options

Well, I am on day two after doing this really rather simple fix and have not had any re-occurrence.  So far, I am going to call this a fix.... for me at least.  Interested in what happens with others.

Lalaboo
First Poster
Options

Just got a 50 inch frame. I first had issues with sound cutting out while using Roku. I unplugged the Roku and then tried to use the built in streaming apps. I started experiencing the sound delay issue (started in sync but then fell out of sync after a minute or two.)

this hard reset tip seems to be working. Thank you!

Leo_TheFrameSyncSuck
First Poster
Options

Constant sync issues forces me to press stop and play every few minutes!! I am a week away from throwing my tv into the trash. Wtf Samsung??????

Jack Svensson
Apprentice
Options

I have the exact same issue with my Samsung Frame TV I bought in dec 22. It’s extremely frustrating and makes it impossible to focus on what I’m watching. If Samsung does not solve this I’m gonna have to return the TV and never ever by anything from this particular brand, I just can’t believe how this can be an issue with a brand new TV.

Becca Scott
Student
Options

Samsung, what the he11 are you doing about this?!!!!

Np89
First Poster
Options

+1 experiencing this on my new Samsung frame with the native speaker (no sound bar/external sound) on HBO and Netflix. Pressing back and then going back to the video helps but I'm annoyed!!!!! 

SFTV101
Explorer
Options

Samsung obviously does not give a bleep as evidenced by the fact that this thread is a year old and the problem still exists (and I was at a friend's house that has the Frame - an earlier version of mine and they said they have the issue too).  I'm furious, but Samsung should be ashamed of itself and embarrassed.  Samsung obviously has THE most apathetic and incompetent software engineering team in the business as evidenced by the frame TV's constant bugs, crashes, and freezes as well as this same inexcusable audio sync problem.  I suspect this sync issue has something to do with Art mode, particularly with a slideshow which might take up some memory but IT'S NOT MY JOB TO FIGURE IT OUT.  I'm considering getting Apple TV plugging it in and seeing if that solves the problem but that just means I'd have to have an even worse UX than the one they foisted upon us and need to switch between Art Mode to that unit to watch TV AND suffer the indignity of having to pay another $150 to solve a problem THEY caused by their incompetence and apathy - nay, obvious contempt for the customer and sense of entitlement to our money.    

0 Likes
SFTV101
Explorer
Options

It's not can't fix it, they WON'T fix it because they don't care. 

0 Likes