Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Frame TV (2020) turns off unexpectedly while in Art mode

(Topic created on: 18-05-2022 08:37 PM)
Sofie_Swe
First Poster
Options

Hi,

Our Frame TV (2020) turns off unexpectedly while in Art mode. We have set the 'auto turnoff' to 4 hours and it turns off long before and while we are still near it. Any ideas of what could be wrong?

Best regards, Sofie

33 REPLIES 33
sbsyncro
Apprentice
Options

I have a 2022 model (55") and this same problem.  There is no "night mode" that I am able to find anywhere.  I'm not using bezels, but I do tend to work in a darkened office with diffused lighting off the walls and that is probably throwing of the light sensors.   Does anyone know where this "night mode" is located on the current models?

0 Likes
PaulthePirate
Explorer
Options

Go to the art mode tab on the left, and scroll alllllll the way to the bottom below all the artwork.  There are 3 options at the bottom, the 3rd is night mode on or off.  There is also a motion option but I still haven't figured out what that actually means.

0 Likes
sbsyncro
Apprentice
Options

THANK YOU!!   Finding all the settings scattered all over the place is really confusing.  It literally took me like 2 minutes to scroll down past all the ***** waiting for it to load until I finally found the "bottom".  I had NO IDEA that there were more settings down there!   Hopefully this will do the trick.  I wonder what that setting is even supposed to accomplish (as well as the "motion detection" (which is set to "High" on my unit).

Samsangandleft
Student
Options

The motion sensor turns the art on when it senses some walk into the room and the night mode is so that after a set amount of constant dark and no motion the unit goes into sleep mode. 

0 Likes
sbsyncro
Apprentice
Options

Thanks.  Scary that our TVs now watch and listen to US as much as we watch them (probably more).   I sit about 3' from the TV in my office and even with motion detection set to HIGH it kept turning off after about 1 minute.  Once I turned off Night Mode it is staying on. Obviously "Night Mode" doesn't work properly, since (a) I am sitting right next to the TV and roll around on my desk chair all over the room all day long shifting between desks and (b) its not "night" (the room is well lit, but with indirect lighting.  So glad I found this thread - now I just need to figure out how to upload photos to it from the Smarthings app, which seems to hang whenever I try to upload photos. (topic for a different thread!).   

PaulthePirate
Explorer
Options

I'm thankful for this thread as well, the frame trip with the night mode saved me.  As far as the motion setting, maybe it's as broken as the night mode setting or it's blocked by the Samsung frame addon along with the light sensor.  My room is pretty bright and I move around in it all the time, and the motion setting (I've tried all 3) doesn't make any difference.

0 Likes
DerekE
First Poster
Options

I have been frustrated for days trying to figure out what happened. I installed a fireplace mantle below the Frame TV and suddenly the TV was turning off after 60 seconds. Thank you!

Don N
First Poster
Options

I have an easy solution.  My 2022 Frame TV would consistently turn off after about 1 minute in Art Mode and it was very frustrating.  I tried changing all of the TV settings on the main screen including power saving, sleep time, etc. to no avail.  I then read that there are separate Art Mode settings at the very bottom of the screen that allows you to select artwork.  You have to scroll down and down for a long time to reach the bottom.  There is a setting called Night Mode that can be toggled either on or off.  It turns out the TV comes configured with Night mode on.  The problem appears to be that the motion/light sensor at the bottom right of the screen is blocked when you put one of the decorative bezels on the TV and the TV thinks it is nighttime and turns the TV off after about 1 minute.  I simply selected Night mode Off and it corrected the problem.  There is another setting down there that says sleep after 4 hours so I turned that off also.  From what I have read you can actually pull down on the motion/light sensor so it is slightly below the bezel but I haven't tried that yet because I didn't want to remove the bezel to get access to it.  Not sure why Samsung doesn't point this out instead of their 10 things to correct the problem including unplugging the TV and plugging back in after 1 minute.

PaulthePirate
Explorer
Options

That's exactly the "fix" stated above.  The biggest issue I have is the fact Samsung support is mostly clueless to this, and also the fact the Samsung made decorative frame breaks their own TV, which is ridiculous.  Their own frame breaks their TV default settings, and also makes some TV features unusable.  

0 Likes
Dfitz
First Poster
Options

That totally solved the problem! Thank you!

0 Likes