Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Frame TV (2020) turns off unexpectedly while in Art mode

(Topic created on: 15-11-2020 09:22 PM)
Sofie_Swe
First Poster
Options

Hi,

Our Frame TV (2020) turns off unexpectedly while in Art mode. We have set the 'auto turnoff' to 4 hours and it turns off long before and while we are still near it. Any ideas of what could be wrong?

Best regards, Sofie

33 REPLIES 33
viv_matt
Voyager
Options
Try resting the TV to factory settings. Set the timer and see if it happens again.
0 Likes
viv_matt
Voyager
Options
If it does, I suggest calling the vendor.
0 Likes
MartinMu
Apprentice
Options

The first 55" Frame 2020 we received was defective and completely turned of after a while in either Art mode or in Standy by. The only was to turn it on again was to plug the cords, from time to time it was enough with the OC-cable but sometimes the power cord to the OC-box had to the unplugged. We reported the issue to Samsung Support (Sweden) and because they forgot to send a new OC-cable (some sort of routine first time fix) we were issued a replacement TV by Samsung Sales. All in all we had to wait approximately 2 months from the order date until we got the replacement and thus a working TV. We have been very dissapointed with both Samsung Support and Samsung Sales. 😞

0 Likes
cj_90
Apprentice
Options

Same here - I can literally just turn Art Mode on, and then 2 mins later the screen turns black.

MartinMu
Apprentice
Options

😞 Try to get it replaced (and not repaired). Our first The Frame had a faulty OC-box, the new replacement (whole TV incl OC-box) works great!

rossco18uk
First Poster
Options

I’m having exactly the same issue here. Just put up my 2020 32” Frame TV and after about 60 seconds the screen blanks when on art mode. It doesn’t matter what setting Sleep Mode is set to (4 hours, OFF) it just continues to blank the screen. Should I just call Samsung? 

MartinMu
Apprentice
Options

Hi,

doesn’t sound like the issues we had with our first Frame 2020 50”. What we learned was that you have to be persistant in the dialogue with Samsung. Avoid their support and demand to talk to Sales and file a DOA and demand the unit to be replaced (not fixed by a technician onsite).

BR from Sweden,

Martin

0 Likes
SoftwareSteve
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue on the 2021 55" frame. I do not have an arc device, anynet+ is disabled, no eco settings, no timers, no screensavers. In art mode it shuts off between 60 seconds and 5 minutes.

0 Likes
CDM
First Poster
Options

Hello - Wondering if you figured out the issue? Our started doing the exact same thing this weekend. We've had it for about 6 months. 

0 Likes