Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung 55 S95C HDMI e-ARC problems

(Topic created on: 01-01-2024 01:34 PM)
FredMel
Journeyman
Options

Hi All,

I have a Samsung 55" S95C & have been using the HDMI e-ARC port to connect to my HiFi streamer/amp (Bluesound PowerNode 330).

The system worked well at first but recently I've found that the connection has dropped and reverted to the TV speakers. If I try to select the input manually it doesn't appear in the dropdown list (although HDMI Bluetooth does). I've been through the menus on both the TV and amp but nothing seemed to work, although the connection does sometimes reappear randomly. Have tried a new HDMI cable but the problem persists.

I subsequently discovered that if I enter the Samsung sounds menu, navigate to expert settings, scroll to HDMI-eARC mode, switch this from auto to off, then switch back to Auto the connection to the Bluesound amp works again, after hitting the volume button on my Samsung remote briefly. Not entirely satisfactory as I need to do this each time I switch the tv on, but at least I can get it to work now! A one else experienced this problem, or can offer advice? Thx

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
FredMel
Journeyman
Options

Since discovered that my HDMI cable connected to the amp was not 2.1 compliant. Changing to a compliant cable appeared to cure the problem, however it reappeared after a couple of days. Will try the switch off, unplug, etc. suggestion next.

View solution in context

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
Beta22
Voyager
Options
I had a similar issue with mine, whereby it stopped recognising my soundbar. My setup did have a Bluray player connected to the soundbar and accessible to the TV via eARC.

A similar temporary workaround to disable and then re-enable eARC or sometimes HDMI-CEC seemed to work some of the time.

Eventually, I got fed up and reached out to Samsung tech support via phone, who connected to my unit via Remote Management. They ended up resetting a bunch of settings and then instructed me to switch off the TV and unplug all inputs, and then leave it for about half an hour before reconnecting. This resolved it for me and has been working perfect since.
FredMel
Journeyman
Options

Thanks Beta22, that’s useful advice. 👍

0 Likes
Solution
FredMel
Journeyman
Options

Since discovered that my HDMI cable connected to the amp was not 2.1 compliant. Changing to a compliant cable appeared to cure the problem, however it reappeared after a couple of days. Will try the switch off, unplug, etc. suggestion next.

0 Likes
JB607
First Poster
Options
I have the same issue with EArc not staying synced. I go through all the settings including advanced and a few in support to get it working ( Q Symphony) and it can take up to 5 minutes) woo hoo it works NOT. As soon as leave and switch everything off upon returning and turn on the entire reconfigure starts over. I've spoke to Samsung tech support around 10 times now and no solution as they said all help is exhausted as no settings left to try. I raised a serious complaint which felll on deaf ears and no interest
Twice now I've raised a complaint so they could send a repair tech here and yeah you guessed it. No return call, email or solution. I spent over £3k at Christmas for a brand new Samsung QE55S95C also a brand new HW-Q900C Sound bar system. I had choices before this purchase but chose Samsung again but now regret it. I live alone work full time so it's not so easy to return items to Amazon as they will take them back but 7am to 7pm so a day off work to top up my frustration.
0 Likes
FredMel
Journeyman
Options

Update. I switched off the ‘Auto’ setting in the sound - expert settings - HDMI-eARC mode section. This appears to have cured the problem. My amp now appears as (amp name)HDMI and volume is controllable via Samsung or Sky remote.

0 Likes
Honzajz
Navigator
Options

Hello,

I have the same problem with the QN95C and the Q990C soundbar

what version of FW do you have on the TV and Soundbar?

0 Likes
FredMel
Journeyman
Options

I’m not using a soundbar, sound is channelled via a Bluesound Powernode amp to external speakers. My TV software version is T-PTMCDEUC-1310.3,, E1371400, BT-S and is currently up to date.

0 Likes