Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung 4k TV Audio Cutting Out

(Topic created on: 21-02-2019 07:07 PM)
SalK
Student
Options

Hello,

I bought a brand new Samsung 4k UHD TV (Model: UE40NU7120) from Argos about 4 days ago and i'm having an issue with the sound cutting out. This issue occurs both over HDMI and when i connected my hitachi sound bar via digital optical cable (I have now disconnected the soundbar and I am using the TV speakers). After about 45 mins to 1 hour the sound just cuts out. The strange thing is when the sound cuts out the tv remote also stops working with the exception of the power button. I have to hold the power button on the remote for around 5 seconds which will turn the tv off and when i turn it back on the sound is back but after 45 mins the sound cuts out again. I've tried every fix available on the internet, i've done multiple factory resets, changed the sound options, i've done everything yet it is still happening. Posting on here is my last resort before taking the tv back for a refund. Can any body help? 

71 REPLIES 71
Edgar66
Journeyman
Options

I noticed a software update coming through on my tv a few months ago.   Haven't had a sound issue since.   

0 Likes
Options

Um, this worked for me and I’m very pleased!!!  🙂

0 Likes