Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sound synchronisation with Samsung soundbar

(Topic created on: 17-03-2024 12:44 PM)
Hendrik59
First Poster
Options

I have a Samsung OLED TV (QE65S95CATXXN) coupled with a Samsung soundbar  + subwoofer HW-Q600. The connection goes through an e-ARC audio cable, which is detected by the soundbar.

On live broadcasts it is impossible to synchronize sound and picture. Changing the milliseconds on both the remote controls between 0 and 250? Changing parameters in expert settings? Whatever I tried so far, there is no satisfying solution.....

Very annoying indeed.

On the other hand, if we watch recorded content, so not live broadcasted, the problem is almost inexistent.

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
Robin999
Big Cheese
Options
Who's your TV network provider?
0 Likes
Hendrik59
First Poster
Options

Proximus (Belgium)

0 Likes
Robin999
Big Cheese
Options
Sorry not familiar with your provider as I'm based in Uk. However, I used to have the same problem with my provider Virgin Media. I don't know if your provider is the same but here the TV service is cabled (fibre optic) in thru a TV set box. I wrongly connected the box to the soundbar then from the soundbar to the TV, and like you experienced annoying lip sync issues. What I did to solve this was to connect the Virgin TV box directly to the TV and it was perfect after that.
So to summarise: TV box direct to HDMI 2 (non ARC) on TV...Soundbar to TV via their respective HDMI eARC ports. Hope that makes sense. Obviously this is supposing you even use a TV box, apologies if this is not the case.
0 Likes
Hendrik59
First Poster
Options

Hi Rob, thx for your advice. But in my case, the provider box is directly connected to the (remote) box of the TV-set. From that same remote box, a separate eARC cable goes to the sound bar. I specially purchased a high-speed eARC cable, to make sure the system receives the best possible signal. Our interest is mostly on recorded content, so the problem emerges only occasionally.

0 Likes