Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung 4k TV Audio Cutting Out

(Topic created on: 30-09-2019 07:01 PM)
MCollins
First Poster
Options

Just returned by nearly 90-day old Samsung Smart TV 50NU6950.  The sound kept cutting out.  We called tech support and they had us do the "Self Diagnosis" "Sound Test", then sound started working.  Message from TV then said it was our outside devices.  Help me out here.  I have another TV operating off of the Wifi box and it's sound is not cutting out.  AND how come the sound comes back once I play with the TV's diagnostics.  You (Samsung) must be hearing and seeing online all the complaints about the sound cutting out with your TVs.  I will never buy Samsung again.  Other reviews say the same thing--customer service did not solve the problem.  They had to return the TV.

20 REPLIES 20
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

That's not what we like to hear @MCollins. Could we just confirm, has the TV now been returned to the retailer?

0 Likes
Maverick1963
First Poster
Options

We have the same 6950 model and had the same issue with the sound cutting out forcing us to navigate to Support, Self Diagnosis,  Start Sound Test which reset it until it happened again and again. Resolution was to navigate to Settings, Sound, Expert Settings, HDMI Input Audio Format and change from Bitstream to PCM. Never had a problem since and hope this helps. Good luck.

Atl
Apprentice
Options

Have posted audio dropout since we got set in Dec. 2019. Thought it was cable provider. After several attempts w/support trying to fix, getting authorization to go into TV, audio dropout is worse. Today audio dropped close to 17 times since we got up at 630am. Will NEVER buy ANYTHING Samsung related. Also, word of mouth is the best advertiser, and y'all are getting slammed. Will probably have to replace TV within a year or two.

0 Likes
Atl
Apprentice
Options
Finally a moderator, but this is dated from 2019. Apparently no one monitors the community website any longer.
0 Likes
djimmer
Explorer
Options

This is a workaround, not a solution. If you have a soundbar (or any other type of receiver) setting the input to PCM instead of Bitstream prevents you from using the decoding capabilities of your A/V receiver. 

monica630
First Poster
Options

4K Ultra HD Smart LED TV  - When I turn on my TV, after a few seconds, there is a stuttering type sound and the sound cuts out.  I can only get it back by changing the channel.  The TV is 6 months old.  What can be done to fix this issue?

Atl
Apprentice
Options

I was finally able to get Samsung to authorize an in home service call. My TV is 7 months old and sound on a couple days was going out 5-6 times per hour. 3X in a recorded show. Tech upgraded my software, all is good so far. 2 wks. later. You would think a Smart TV would offer upgrades, after all, computers always do.

Atl
Apprentice
Options

I would also do, and have done so already, posted a blast on my social websites advising everyone of our Samsung problems.

0 Likes
bsherry
First Poster
Options

This exact thing happens with our Samsung tv. Our tv is around 8 - 9 months old. I'm on here looking for a fix, too.

0 Likes