Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reset PIN/Forced factory reset

(Topic created on: 15-02-2022 08:08 PM)
Dunkelheit
First Poster
Options

Hello guys! I own a Samsung Smart TV UE4EMU6172U, and after using for some time, I made the decision to factory reset it. The problem is that I forgot the PIN and I can't follow the guides on internet as I have a slightly different remote (image attached with my remote). Please help a man in need. Thanks in advance!6bVVR1K

13 REPLIES 13
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Dunkelheit,  did you set your own pin originally?   if not the default is 0000, but if you changed it then another matter.  I also have that smart remote but also a standard one , think easier to reset  with the standard one .  You could try with a Samsung remote app on mobile though and use standard instruction of ,Mute>8>2>4>Power Reset Pin  some info for Smart Remote here  though http://hardmasterreset.com/reset-pin-code-samsung-smart-tv/      To change pin go General settings-System Manager on more modern models.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

trischamp
Student
Options

Hello everyone, for those who like me a smart remote (digital digit ..) and who lost the pin code here are the 2 solutions for the reset:

1- put the television in standby:

2a- remote control without the microphone button: ps: (mutates this by clicking on the volume button)

press mute, then volume +, then Return, then volume - , then Return, then vol+ , then Return and turn on your TV (Power).

2b- remote control WITH the microphone button:

pushed the vol button up (vol + ), then return, then vol - , then return , then vol + , then Return and  Power.

I hope I can help

Yalden
First Poster
Options

I had  the same issue but found a simple fix.

I held both the 'back' and 'play/pause' buttons on the smart remote for 3 seconds to re-pair the bluetooth.

It's been fine ever since.

0 Likes
Sportolano63
First Poster
Options

I have tried to reset the pin following the instructions on a smart remote as well as on the app, I have tried different speed but it never works. I am rather sure is not about how fast do I do it, I have been very quick many times. Any idea how to fix this?

0 Likes
JackWick1
First Poster
Options

It appear that it's impossible to reset PIN on those TV

The only solution to sell the TV and buy non samsung product where you can actually do this simple action (this is the way I decided to go)

Robvd1
Apprentice
Options
  1. Turn On you Samsung TV 
  2. Press this combination key as on picture(key by key):
  3. Mute>8>2>4>Power

This is not correct

1: Turn On you Samsung TV in standby mode !!
    2: Press this combination key as on picture(key by key):
    3: Mute>8>2>4>Power
test56
First Poster
Options

I don't know who you are, but right now I love you!

The 2a solution worked for me despite having a remote WITH microphone button.

Now I'm FINALLY able to block those rubbish apps and channels I've never used, this 55" Q70 TV is strictly for PC monitor.

THANK YOU!

0 Likes
Jugskign
Student
Options

Did you ever resolve this? I have the same tv, same remote, same problem. 

0 Likes
UnholyPeter
First Poster
Options

I requested remote support from the contact section. I remember having called them and then tech support from Samsung reached back and remotely fixed my TV (just like using TeamViewer on PC)