Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QR code

(Topic created on: 24-05-2020 10:35 PM)
Copyright
First Poster
Options

When I connect my iPhone to the tv it just shows a QR code I have done a factory reset but still shows the QR code 

Anybody any ideas

0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12
AndrewL
Options
@Copyright: What method are you using to connect your iPhone to your TV. Can you confirm the TV's model number?
0 Likes
Copyright
First Poster
Options

Hi HDMI cable 

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options
An HDMI connection would likely require an MHL adapter, which you can get from reputable third party retailers. Does your iPhone have Airplay on it, so you can screen mirror wirelessly? To find out more, check out the link below.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204289
0 Likes
Copyright
First Poster
Options

I was talking to Andrew about my tv problem but still don't have an answer to my problem 

when I  connect my iPhone to the tv I just get a QR code on my tv screen I have checked the code it is for game I have never used 

it worked perfect about a month ago

I have done a factory reset but still have problem

any help appreciated 

0 Likes
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @Copyright 

We've merged both your posts together so we have all the information in one place. Could we take the full model code of your TV please? You can find this on the label at the back of the TV.

0 Likes
GHine
Student
Options

Today, May 24, 2020 I had a QR code appear on my Samsung TV that points to a web-site named Goodsleep.com.cn. I did not attempt to go to that website because it appears to have nothing to do with Samsung.  It is somewhat troublesome that this QR code appears with a the message "Scan QR code upgrade. No Scan. No upgrade".  Looks like a scam to me. Was my TV somehow hacked?

0 Likes
Richardssi
Student
Options

I plugged a brand new C24 F390 monitor into my ipad, using a new apple adaptor to HDMI, and got the same QR code and message.  I think I will return the monitor as unfit for purpose.

0 Likes
GHine
Student
Options

I see that the QR code appears on other display screens I have, when I use the lightning to HDMI adapter, so I suspect the message is generated from the lighning to HDMI apadter and not the display screen itself.

0 Likes
Ldm2003
First Poster
Options

I have had the same problem. Have you managed to resolve the problem? Any tips? 

0 Likes