Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QN90C Turns my sky q mini box on when I power on the tv

(Topic created on: 09-11-2023 06:07 PM)
Kie97
Apprentice
Options
Basically the title, I've fiddled around in the settings on both the TV and sky q box and I can't find a solution.
0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
Ginga_p
Troubleshooter
Options
Have you tried turning cec off in the tv settings
G G
AndrewL
Options

@Kie97: Further to the above, if you do not want your Sky box to switch on when you turn on your TV, please head to Home > Menu > Settings > All Settings > Connection > External Device Manager > Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC), and toggle this option off. 

Kie97
Apprentice
Options
Hello thanks for responding, I've turned the setting off the you suggested but it's still turning my sky box on...
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Kie97: Have you registered your Sky box with the Universal Remote feature of the TV? Have you tried checking the Sky box settings to see if there are any auto power on options that can be switched off. 

0 Likes
Kie97
Apprentice
Options
Yes my universal remote is registered to the sky box(but it happens even with the normal tv remote), I've checked the sky box setting and there's nothing that seems to apply to my situation...
Ginga_p
Troubleshooter
Options
Guessing then you have turned off hdmi control in preference on the sky menu
G G
Kie97
Apprentice
Options
Yeah I have that switched off also and its still happening unfortunately
0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Found out this  worked for some customers on older Models when other Trouble shooting failed (though no guarantee obviously).

Ensure  on latest firmware  with source set to TV:

Enter these key sequences on Remote:

If using IR Remote: Mute + 7 + 2 + 9 + Exit
Using Smart Control: Mute + Vol Down + Ch Down + Mute

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.