Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QN800A PS5 VRR no game bar details!

(Topic created on: 27-04-2022 11:09 AM)
Rick_C
Pioneer
Options
Hi,

Is it me or is the game bar not showing the VRR as on!? 

The signal details in self care shows free sync, but the game bar show's it as off.

I have noticed that the 2022 TV's show on their game bar as being on!

Are we expecting an update for the TV?

Cheers 
17 REPLIES 17
Members_dV60rnM
Apprentice
Options

I have the same problem with QN95a.

Rick_C
Pioneer
Options
Signal information shows it is doing free sync, so is doing VRR, but think because it's not AMD driven it may not show, as the PS5 is doing the HDMI 2.1 standard and not AMD standards 🤔
0 Likes
Members_dV60rnM
Apprentice
Options

20220427_135723.jpg

 I noticed it is shown here, just not on the game bar itself. Yes, maybe that is the problem.

Members_SFg3GLx
Apprentice
Options

Hi, QN91A (QN90A equivalent) here and the same problem.The Game bar even shows fluctuating fps number but VRR is shown as "off".

Brandywine
First Poster
Options

My QN90A has VRR off on game bar also. Think it's a Samsung issue in general. It does seem to be working from I can tell though. 

Rick_C
Pioneer
Options
If you go into support, then self diagnosis, then signal information, it shows there as free sync and has to be doing VRR in that respect. Just no confirmation on the game bar. Am sure it's the AMD certificate not being used on the PS5.
0 Likes
Rick_C
Pioneer
Options
Yep, FPS is running number's and shows something is happening. No VRR shows 120hz solid, but show's tearing etc. VRR on and the number's are bouncing, which says it is doing something to adjust as intended and am sure something could be done from Samsung - But.....
Members_tsomUS7
First Poster
Options

Hi, 

I have a q80a with the same problem however mine does not give a fluctuating fps number. It says 3840x2160 /120p input extra. Also when i use the optical out i cant select dolby digital any1 know a workaround?

0 Likes
Rick_C
Pioneer
Options
VRR should fluctuate, I think lower/med range games may be steady to a degree, but it should fluctuate if it's working correctly. You may find that the 120hz mode is being shown and not the VRR 🤔
0 Likes