Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rear Panel Description Help Please.

(Topic created on: 29-04-2022 12:06 PM)
Jenn TV Help
First Poster
Options

Hi All.

I'm hoping someone will be kind enough to help with this.

I have just spent a fortune on a Samsung QE85Q80AA because we have been promising ourselves one for ages, but, after downloading the manual and looking we can't seem to find any details as to what each port is for exactly, and we don't want to end up either using the wrong one or not getting the best out of the displau by connecting something to the wrong port.

For example, there are three HDMI ports, but one has eARC. Then there are two USB ports, but they have different voltages identified on them.

I would appreciate any help whatsoever with this please, thank you.

Why is this so hard in this day and age?

PS as a guess, because we want to get a PS5 and connect it, then I take it that it connects to the Game port in the picture? But that has to be a USB 2.1 aparently, so is it?  And because we want to run the sound through an AMP and speakers, then I take it we connect the other HDMI to the eARC port on the TV then on to the input on the AMP itself?

20220429_083453.jpg

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
USB - The voltage is the same, it's the amps that are different. The one labelled HDD can be used with a 2.5" portable hard drive to record programs and films to from your TV program guide. I have an amp (Denon 7.1 channel AV receiver) but plug everything into that instead of the TV. The Amp is then connected via HDMI to the TV. I don't use eARC but you are right about the console port. It's HDMI, not USB
0 Likes
Jenn TV Help
First Poster
Options

Hi Antikthera.

Thanks for the reply. I was looking at the part where you say you don't use the eARC port on the TV. I thought that was the one to use not a USB port?

Please don't jump all over me if I am saying something silly.

By the way, I'm running a new Denon 7.1 too, wow they are huge.

PS For this much money I think Samsung could have made this easier and taken the guesswork out of this for us!

0 Likes
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
Dumb it down like I did, use one HDMI cable to HDMI1 and plug everything into the Denon which is far easier to decipher and comes with labels to put on cables. Also the Denon remote (and remote app) is very good. I don't have Freeview here so even Freesat has to go through the Denon. They are indeed huge, about the size of an early eighties VCR.
0 Likes