Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

QE55Q95T - HDR does not work on Prime Video app

(Topic created on: 10-02-2021 07:28 AM)
GisleHH
Apprentice
Options

This used to work just a few weeks ago. Prime Video would stream 4K HDR content fine on my TV. Now it won't. Even content I have watched in HDR before (The Expanse season 4). Both Netflix and Youtube will turn on HDR for the TV.

I tried amazon customer support. They were not very helpful and told me to contact Samsung. One thing I learned was that the app installed on my TV is not listed in my registered devices on my Prime Video account. My android phone is listed with the android app. My TV is listed but no apps are registered.

Have any of you encountered this problem?

How do I check which is the current version of the Prime Video app for the TV? The app seems to be updated with the latest version. But it also seems that updates has been a problem for others before.

Go to solution
116 REPLIES 116
R2wo
Pioneer
Options

Can someone on here who knows more about these things than I do, possibly explain why mine works perfectly all of a sudden? When nobody else's does?

0 Likes
tester2020
Journeyman
Options

Thanks for the update. so no update to the Tv nor the app but it's working hmm.

All sorts of ads I get, look at this one below of the app Tubi they are advertising. This is just outright WRONG!! I will ensure the next Tv I buy I take it home and test it for about 15 days or so now I am stuck with this TV, wish if I gotten the Sony H900X or the 950 because it's cheaper and shows about the same quality with more ports even a composite one and it's Android so you know you will get all the apps and updates often and with Dolby Vision too. Samsung definitely making their customers angry and they are doing NOTHING about it. Oh well when they fall they will know why hopefully. As when you're kid and you don't listen to your parent then you end up in jail. 

20210122_232750.jpg

0 Likes
tester2020
Journeyman
Options

so when you go to the quick menu you are seeing "HDR" in the picture mode correct?

I think it might have to do with the model of TV you have as I see most people here have the QLED model and yours might not be so the firmware of the tvs might be quick different. I have an older 3 years old Samsung 4K Tv and Prime shows HDR fine.

sorry it appears you have a QLED too might be the specific model I am not sure, what's the firmware ver of your TV? is your tv a 2020 model?

0 Likes
R2wo
Pioneer
Options

Hi tester2020.

Yes, when I go to the quick menu I'm now seeing HDR10+ on Prime Video.

Yesterday it didn't work. It's a 2020 Samsung TU8000 firmware 1460 and after this...I'm very pleased with it that Amazon or Samsung have now fixed it.

0 Likes
tester2020
Journeyman
Options

Do you see it in Quick Settings on the Tv? I have two photos, the first image shows that the movie GreenLand in the Prime app and it shows that the movie is in HDR and UHD (4K).

The second image shows the HDR in the Quick Settings of the TV itself while that content is

showing. Do you see that on your TV?

These images are taken from my 3 year old TV that works great with HDR on Prime. My newer 2020 don't show HDR on the TV when the content is showing.

Screenshot_20210217-171222_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20210217-171145_Gallery.jpg

0 Likes
R2wo
Pioneer
Options

Oh... this is frustrating!!

0 Likes
R2wo
Pioneer
Options

HDR10+ on Prime Video was working all day yesterday as I posted several times on here.  Since then, I've turned my TV off (and also cleared the cache on the App) and HDR is not working anymore!!!

What could possibly be the cause of it to miraculously work for a day and then stop working? It doesn't seem as if it's a firmware update issue as yesterday it worked! It's almost as if it's related to a fluctuating internet download speed or something like that, what else can be the reason for it working with HDR one day and not the next? Advice??

0 Likes
Endoki
Student
Options

Q90T still does not work

0 Likes
Since Plasma
First Poster
Options

Same here no improvement. I did speak with Samsung yesterday I had him look at this topic he was surprised as he was not aware of any problems according to him, he says he will forward the issue to the software Team. 

I hope so this is so annoying.

0 Likes
tester2020
Journeyman
Options

NO HDR on PRIME AMAZON showing in the QUICK SETTINGS on Samsung Q80T Tv.

I troubleshooted the issue and now have some more answers as to what it can be but NO fixed or solution.

Prime Amazon tested in the following devices:

1. Samsung Q80T tv

2. Samsung 4K Tv from 3 years ago - MU6300F

3. Xbox One S

Tested titles Window and Greenland using all three devices, here are the results:

1. Q80T - titles played fine but the Tv does NOT shows in quick settings it's HDR

2. Samsung 4K from 3 years ago - titles played fine and shows HDR in quick settings

3. Xbox One S hooked up to Q80T - played Prime through the Xbox, titles plays fine and shows HDR in quick settings of the Q80T (but as 1. above started it will not show HDR in quick settings when using the built in Prime app in  the Tv)

This means either one of the following:

1. that there is an issue with that version of Prime in the Q80T and most likely most 2020 QLED TV, that Prime version is 2.01.23 (last updated 10/22/2020) and firmware of the Tv is 1460.9. Prime version on the old Samsung Tv was last updated in 2017 and it's version 1.XXXX (can't remember the numbers after the one but it's a older version than that of the Q80T)

2. There is conflict with the firmware and that version of Prime that is causing the Q80T not display HDR in the quick settings

3. Maybe the Q80T is showing HDR contents with Prime but not been displayed HDR in the quick settings (hard to tell if it is showing the HDR content as HDR or not), if this is the case then it's a firmware issue.

So ok SAMSUNG and AMAZON you have the answer as to what is happening but I know both parties will blame each other in the meantime customers like us will suffer.

Please FIX THIS ISSUE, SAMSUNG PLEASE WORK WITH PRIME AND VICE VERSA to get this fixed.

0 Likes