Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

QE55Q95T - HDR does not work on Prime Video app

(Topic created on: 10-02-2021 07:28 AM)
GisleHH
Apprentice
Options

This used to work just a few weeks ago. Prime Video would stream 4K HDR content fine on my TV. Now it won't. Even content I have watched in HDR before (The Expanse season 4). Both Netflix and Youtube will turn on HDR for the TV.

I tried amazon customer support. They were not very helpful and told me to contact Samsung. One thing I learned was that the app installed on my TV is not listed in my registered devices on my Prime Video account. My android phone is listed with the android app. My TV is listed but no apps are registered.

Have any of you encountered this problem?

How do I check which is the current version of the Prime Video app for the TV? The app seems to be updated with the latest version. But it also seems that updates has been a problem for others before.

Go to solution
116 REPLIES 116
straznikteksasu
First Poster
Options

Does HDR in filmmaker mode work properly?  I can't see it in quick settings.

0 Likes
Lee2
First Poster
Options

It is working now on the TU8500. The settings info changes to hdr10+ and the gamma changes.... However, it isn't any better than standard HDR which is pretty poor on this tv. I think it is just the TV has less than 300 nit so never gonna look great for HDR. I have an LG in there living room which has much more 'pop' but 500 nit screen. Even normal viewing on the Samsung needs brightness and contrast to be set at 45 and the max is 50! Never mind, least the updated app is coming everyone.

0 Likes
R2wo
Pioneer
Options

It's working for me on the TU8000 ....finally!!

HDR10+ all working nicely and settings and gamma ST.2084 working since the Prime app got updated today. 😀

0 Likes
Since Plasma
First Poster
Options

I was watching the post while on a long business trip. Just got home and reinstalled the Amazon app. HDR10+ is now working again. I have 65” Q90t.

0 Likes
Chatwalker
Explorer
Options

Since the update HDR is working fine on my 75Q95T

0 Likes
Solution
GisleHH
Apprentice
Options

HDR is now working for me as well. The new update seemed to do the trick. I will mark this issue as solved. Thanks for keeping this updated all of you :smiling-face:

martyzwarty
First Poster
Options

I've been using Q80T for 2 months and HDR10 + from Prime works fine (and the gamma switches to st .2084).  But I'm experiencing an annoying problem - frequent changes in brightness while watching HDR10 + materials. From Prime only. Netflix HDR footage doesn't reveal such a thing.  On Prime it looks like the eco sensor (which is turned off in the settings) would still work and adjust the image to the lighting conditions in the room. Has anyone encountered this too? Maybe there's another thread with this problem? Thank you in advance for your help. Somewhere I read that Samsung introduces the HDR10 + Adaptive function (including adaptation to lighting conditions) but this is probably not the case with the 2020 models?

0 Likes