Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

QE55Q95T - HDR does not work on Prime Video app

(Topic created on: 10-02-2021 07:28 AM)
GisleHH
Apprentice
Options

This used to work just a few weeks ago. Prime Video would stream 4K HDR content fine on my TV. Now it won't. Even content I have watched in HDR before (The Expanse season 4). Both Netflix and Youtube will turn on HDR for the TV.

I tried amazon customer support. They were not very helpful and told me to contact Samsung. One thing I learned was that the app installed on my TV is not listed in my registered devices on my Prime Video account. My android phone is listed with the android app. My TV is listed but no apps are registered.

Have any of you encountered this problem?

How do I check which is the current version of the Prime Video app for the TV? The app seems to be updated with the latest version. But it also seems that updates has been a problem for others before.

Go to solution
116 REPLIES 116
Con2501
Journeyman
Options

Same. I just checked my version info on my Q80T. No joy. 

0 Likes
tester2020
Journeyman
Options

Same here, I got the same ver like yours. This is not good for both Samsung and Prime, they are both losing especially Samsung, people soon will realized that with an Android TV Google will send out updates often, Samsung is extremely poor with any type of updates from their cell phone to TV to tablets everything. Not a fan of Apple but they give you updates for years! Samsung 1 to 2 years if you're lucky  

0 Likes
tester2020
Journeyman
Options

You are correct. Funny too how they put ads on your home bar when you press home without your content. Someone have to get content to send you marketing emails but Samsung stick that ad right in your face even if you don't agree to any of their marketing policies. Samsung SHAME ON YOU!! Someone there is NOT listening to their customer and thinking how can we make money from ads on TV. Today Tim Horton (coffee shop) in Canada shows up on mind. I DID not get this TV for free so when they advertising on my TV? A few more years from now not too many people going to buy Samsung they might switch to one of the Chinese brand like TCL

0 Likes
Con2501
Journeyman
Options

Tim Horton do a mean coffee though 🤣

0 Likes
tester2020
Journeyman
Options

Starting to think Samsung is losing a battle. they should just switch to Android and Google takes over and update all the apps. For long term I think any Android Tv might be better for apps, Roku might come in a second, but Roku have some good channels all free, Samsung Tv Plus is JUNK, literally nothing at least in Canada.

0 Likes
tester2020
Journeyman
Options

lol....I can go there but don't want to see more ads on my Tv. Is anyone see those Ads too on their Tv and are fine with it? I am not!! I emailed the President of Samsung email and they got the nerve to reply and say those are "generic" ads and can't be remove. Can everyone everywhere please contact your Government office to find out if this is legal. I contacted my Government office and waiting on a reply. This ad only started a few years ago.

ads on Samsung  2020 modelads on Samsung 2020 modelads on Samsung  2020 modelads on Samsung 2020 model

0 Likes
R2wo
Pioneer
Options

Just to add to my earlier posts.... I'm in the UK.  Only had my TV for a week, and it's working perfectly with HDR10+ on Prime. No update needed, yesterday it didn't work - today it works. So it seems like the issue is 'fixable'. 

PS: I've never seen an advert for Tim Hortons in my life! Seems like these issues are specific to Canada.

0 Likes
tester2020
Journeyman
Options

It's either a firmware update or an Prime update but none of them want to do anything, they are blaming each other, I contacted both of them. Personally I can't see a fix anytime soon as Samsung is very slow in releasing any updates. Should have just got myself the Sony X900H much cheaper with decent picture quality and amazing Android system (you know you will get all the app you ever wanted in that and apk file can be downloaded very easily). Only thing that is nice on the Samsung Q80T and up is the sound from the Tv if you don't want a sound bar.

0 Likes
tester2020
Journeyman
Options

I have a Samsung 4K tv from 3 years ago with Prime (a ver from 2017) and it shows HDR perfectly fine so hence it have to be the app that is not working properly with the 2020 firmware of the Tvs

0 Likes
tester2020
Journeyman
Options
thanks for Google translate: I am sorry that you cannot currently use HDR playback for Prime Video on your Samsung QLED.

We are aware of the error described and we are actively working with Samsung on a solution that will reach you soon.

I would have liked to tell you personally, but could not reach you by phone.

We always try to resolve difficulties of any kind as quickly as possible. Cases like this are rare, however. So I ask you to be patient in this case.

We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause.

I wish you a pleasant evening.
0 Likes