Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QE55Q60R

(Topic created on: 14-02-2022 01:16 PM)
Lardy2333
First Poster
Options

Purchased this TV at the back end of October 2019 and have enjoyed a good number of hours watching it. Yeah, it occasionally turns itself back on after being turned off but I put that down to the Virgin TV Box not being powered down.

Tonight, however, whilst watching the local evening news the TV starts turning itself off and on repeatedly. Turns on shows the Samsung QLED splash screen then goes of again. I've disconnected everything from the TV, still does it. I've left it unplugged for half an hour (more than enough time for capacitors to discharge), still does it. So, it looks like the motherboard is at fault unless Samsung have any better ideas. 

To be honest, the number of complaints I've read like this on the internet, I'm kind of surprised that Samsung aren't swimming in class action lawsuits. Modern, solid state electronic hardware breaking down a few months after the end of the warranty period should not be breaking like this! 

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @Lardy2333 

Are you still having this issue with your TV?

0 Likes
Lardy2333
First Poster
Options

Hi @ChrisM,

Certainly am. I’ve tried a replacement power board and that didn’t work so I’m now waiting on a replacement logic board to arrive. I know that the screen itself is ok as it displays briefly before cycling off and on again. Also tried turning on with each of the ribbon cables disconnected. The screen doesn’t display anything but the unit at least stays switched on and I get audio.

0 Likes
nail sam
First Poster
Options

Hi Chris

Did the logic-board replace help finally ? - as i'm having the exact same problem here, 2 month after warranty, - very disapointed - maybe my last samsung TV - thanks for the post (so i can put the power board back in and don't loose money on that too) :winking-face:  - NaiL 

0 Likes
Maquiavel
First Poster
Options

Got the same problem. TV is boxed in my house since November/2022. Warranty was expired since some more than 2 months, but we at home always took good care of this TV and everything was working fine when it suddenly stopped and get on this restarting loop. TV turns on normally, after some seconds image starts disappearing slowly. At this point remote or tv buttons doesn’t work anymore and the tv keeps restarting indefinitely. Only way to stop is about disconnecting from power. Model qe55q60ra. Looks like the TV is built to last during warranty period only. Any solution so far?

0 Likes