Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QE43Q60BAUXXU

(Topic created on: 14-07-2023 03:31 PM)
pink_surfer
Student
Options
So....Just got the above for my elderly grandparents (in their 80's).... the smart remote works, but doesn't like my Grandad's Northern accent lol. Trouble is, the standard TV remote now doesn't work at the same time as the smart tv remote...
It's brand spanking new yesterday! How do we fix this? We seem unable to disconnect the smart remote via any of the tv options & settings
0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
AndrewL
Options

@pink_surfer: If the Smart Remote is connected to the TV, then this should not restrict the standard remote in any way. Have you checked to make sure that there are batteries installed in the standard remote? Also, check to make sure that nothing is obstructing the sensor on the front of the TV, such as a soundbar or speaker.

If your grandparents are having some trouble with the Voice Assistant feature, try changing the assistant to see if this helps: Home > Settings > All Settings > General & Privacy > Voice > Voice Assistant. Depending on your choice, check the settings (e.g. Google Assistant Settings) and check the command examples for guidance on what actions can be achieved.

Judeiff
First Poster
Options
You should be able to set it up for his voice, like when you set up bixby.
0 Likes
pink_surfer
Student
Options
Thanks guys 😃👌batteries all present & correct, nothing to block sensor etc. I forgot to mention he has really bad eyesight & hands like wreck it ralph (was a builder) so will defo checkout the voice settings.
I think I've worked out that he was trying to use the remote too close to the TV, so swapped his bedroon Samsung TV remote and both are working with the other TVs so see how they manage over the weekend.