Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QE43Q60BAUXXU Standard Remote 'Guide' button

(Topic created on: 28-11-2022 12:16 PM)
Maddyc75
Apprentice
Options

Hi all, my elderly mother just got the TV above. She finds the smart remote too small and cant see the buttons well so she is using the standard remote but i notice the Guide button has been replaced by Disney + button

Please can anyone tell me the shortcut to get the TV Guide on screen which displays current programmes and up and coming programmes

Its driving us a little crazy?!

Remote.jpg

(1)
22 REPLIES 22
Crazydiamond70
Student
Options
I've looked very closely at ure mums remote and I see there's no TV guide button and never seen that they replaced by Disney channel. I did notice it has settings at the bottom have you been in and saw what itt offers u, u may be surprised that maybe that will get ure mum into TV guide xxxx Hope this helps for ure mum sorry if it dosent worth ça try I just press all the buttons see what happens that's what
I do xxxx
0 Likes
Maddyc75
Apprentice
Options

Thanks for looking! Its a bit crazy - we have same tv from 2021 and its got a Guide button. We've tried all sorts, like double pressing or press and hold 'CH List' but nothing  . . . i really hope there is a shortcut somewhere...

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Maddyc75: I'm sorry to hear of your frustration surrounding this matter. I have looked into this for you, and the only means of bringing up the Guide on this model is by briefly clicking the channel up/down button on the Smart Remote. I understand that this may not be ideal, however I feel that the simple interface of the Smart Remote will make accessing the Guide second nature once your mum is used to it. 

0 Likes
Maddyc75
Apprentice
Options

Hi Andrew

Thank you for your answer, this is extremely frustrating and not a suitable solution. My mother is 78 years old and the buttons on the smart controller are too small for her to see. Is there really no alternative? im struggling to belive this from Samsung. Surely everyone would have the need for a TV Guide but not everyone wants a direct Disney + button . . . . 

Will a previous version Samsung standard remote with 'Guide' button work?

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Maddyc75: I certainly appreciate your concerns. You mentioned that you have a 2021 model where the remote features a Guide button. If you try your remote with your mums TV, does it function as expected? If so, then please take a look at the genuine replacement option linked below, which features a Guide button instead of the dedicated Disney+ button.

https://www.samsungspares.co.uk/tv-projector/qe43q60aau-qe43q60aauxxu/remote-control/product.pl?pid=...

I hope this helps.

JW121
First Poster
Options

I had same issue. The Guide can only be accessed using the Smart remote.  The standard remote supplied (BN59-01315N) doesn’t provide any means to access Guide. I overcame this issue by sourcing from Amazon (price £9) Samsung remote BN59-01315B that has Guide instead of Disney button.  Otherwise the replacement is identical to the one supplied.

0 Likes
Mrjimi
Apprentice
Options

Same issue here, luckily I have a good solution,I have a Samsung TV from 2013 es8000 the remote is much better,has a backlight, guide,even my Samsung HTS remote works perfectly,so Go on eBay buy 1, I've given my spare to her, listen Samsung, stop assuming users are tech savvy, simplicity not buttons for streaming services not needed essentially,if you own Disney streaming apps you'll definitely know how to find them on these TV hub menu's,they appear on the hub home screen,so please drop the streaming buttons please

0 Likes
jeffk54
First Poster
Options
My mum also had this issue, after some trial and error I found that if you press and hold the CH List (channel list) button it'll open the guide. Hope that helps someone in the future!
Maddyc75
Apprentice
Options

Thank you for the advice, i think this may be the best option and yes i agree with you, not evryone wants a Disney/streaming button and its very easy to navigate to the app instead whereas to have the tv guide missing completely is not a solution! 

Thanks again

0 Likes