Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q950TS Game Mode VRR/FreeSync issue

(Topic created on: 26-11-2020 11:26 PM)
Cahill_239
First Poster
Options

Hi All

Just purchased the Q950TS 65 inch model this week.  One problem I'm having is with my Xbox one 

X - with VRR enabled and in game mode, there is a horrendous flickering/screen tearing issue.  See accompanying video.

Turning off VRR on the Xbox removes the issue.  Anyone had an experience with this and know what the cause may be?

https://youtu.be/Uz1K0PZEqKs

Thanks in advance

0 Likes
30 REPLIES 30
Cahill_239
First Poster
Options

Correct. No update showing for mine through tv or website yet, as soon as it does I’ll give you my thoughts. Glad to hear yours seems to be fixed though! Noticed any downsides? Sounds like you thought there might be a visual downgrade in game mode? 

0 Likes
CoolD
Apprentice
Options

Not really any downsides, and I’m not sure if there really is any visual downgrades lol. I feel like I am just looking for something to be wrong because it didn’t work right when I first got the TV. Yes, please let me know your thoughts when you can.

0 Likes
jayh89
Helping Hand
Options

Some people are saying the new update (1402) has made the TV very dark/unplayable when VRR is activated in game mode on the xbox... can anyone confirm? I have PS4 Pro which doesn't have VRR. This will be an issue for next gen consoles... 

0 Likes
CoolD
Apprentice
Options

Jayh89, the only game that I have noticed that seem to be a little darker is Red Dead Redemption 2. COD, Gears, The Avengers, Doom Eternal, and many other games I have played on my Xbox X look Normal compared to when VRR is not activated. Red Dead Redemption still looks amazing though. 

As far as the new consoles go, I think we should expect some technical issues in the beginning.. because let’s face it nothing ever works like people planned. For example look how this TV worked for all of us when we purchased it. 

Nippian
Student
Options

Hi, how do I disable VRR on my PC ? I have Samsung Q80T and there is no option to disable FreeSync in Game Mode settings.

I want to keep the game mode on but without VRR. I am an NVidia user, is it sowewhere in the Nvidia Panel ?

0 Likes
Jardo86
First Poster
Options

If you have Nvidia graphics card, then go to Nvidia Control Panel and disable G-sync in G-sync tab.

0 Likes
Tonxboy
First Poster
Options

So, bought a Q95T 75" at the weekend, slapped it on the wall. Couldn't contain my excitement.

Reality - Screen flickers when using Game Mode with VRR (Xbox One X). Red Dead, would get back flickers if i was stood next to a flickering light source (fire etc). But COD, just having it on the main 'party lobby' screen, it would flicker. By flicker i mean like a sort of white pulse running through the screen like interference.

Gutted - i know itll get fixed, but ill have to wait. Anyhow...... Temp Solution Possibly for xbox x users.....

Current workaround for me is to Leave the TV in Game mode, and all that jazz - Goto the Xbox Settings on the console itself. Goto Tv & Display Options, Video Modes, and then Uncheck Allow Variable Refresh Rate. Stopped the flickering in COD (need to test in RD, but the improvements in COD are enough for me to at least relax on it a little!!).

@Samsung, please fix. Just spent thousands on this TV!!! Heart was broken!

0 Likes
Cahill_239
First Poster
Options

Sorry to hear that man. I thought they’d fixed the VRR issues with the one x -have you updated to the latest firmware? 

the latest issues I have are now with the series x, where their supposed fix has not worked and results in this 

49B8FFEE-CC3D-4111-889F-51655001E83A.jpeg

0 Likes
CoolD
Apprentice
Options

I am going to be honest with you guys, I am a little shocked they haven’t fixed the other model TV’s. The 800T model received the 1402 update and it runs both the Xbox one X and Xbox Series X smoothly with no flicker issues. Please keep me posted on your issues. It will be fixed eventually.

0 Likes
Tonxboy
First Poster
Options

Its painful... Itll get fixed, but I wouldn't buy a new car an expect the left wheel to wobble for few months...

Even the local dimming is poor. An no options to turn it off. If you aim the gun in Red Dead, the Small white icon comes up in the bottom right. The tiniest glow goes across half the screen. 

TV for normal TV otherwise is fantastic. Pity i put all the money in for a gaming set. 

The wait is on. :smiling-face: 

0 Likes