Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HDMI switcher issues

(Topic created on: 28-06-2020 05:02 PM)
Jordan81
Apprentice
Options

Hi,

I have a UE50NU7400 TV mounted on a wall, I only have a single HDMI cable running behind the wall, I purchased a 2 way HDMI splitter to solve this problem so I can switch between satellite box and DVD player, the issue I have is the TV doesn't automatically recognise the different HDMI input when I swap between sources and I have to set the satellite box or DVD player up each time I want to use them, is there a simple solution to this problem?

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
CarloL
Hotshot
Options

Hey @Jordan81, I don't think there is I'm afraid as the TV would need to recognise the DVD player or satellite box each time it is powered on and set up, as the main input will always be neutral until one or the other is set. For more feedback, you can also get in touch with the Samsung AV/TV experts via Live Chat: https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/livechat/

0 Likes
PlushyKingPrime
First Poster
Options

I'm also having such issues with my UN65MU8000, my HDMI ports on my 1Connect box are populated with my Nintendo Switch / My Samsung UBD-K8500 4K Blu-ray Player / a Humax Spectrum 200 cable box, and trying to connect an apple TV4K and my PC to the final HDMI port, I'm able to detect the TV enough to have the PC extend the display, but the screen itself won't show anything and if it does it is to set up a new input which kind of defeats the idea behind simply being able to switch between inputs.

0 Likes
Antiguandart
First Poster
Options

I’ve got a UE55TU8507UXXU and was looking to feed 4 HDMI signals into the 3 available sockets. Using a 2 way HDMI switch I had problems switching. It’s seems the key is in what you pair together. The following configuration worked well - Xbox 360 and Panasonic DVD/VHS combi player paired on the switch and fed into HDMI 1 and BT TV set top box to HDMI 2(eARC) and Toshiba HD DVD player to HDMI 3. All audio via Digital optical cable (TOSLINK) And remote switcher to Sony Prologic/DTS amplifier resulting in 5.1 audio for the Xbox and HD DVD player And Dolby 2.0 from the BT TV (NetFlix). Hope that helps it’s seems having different video out resolution. 480p for the DVD/VHS player and 1080p for the Xbox on the HDMI switching avoids signalling confusion. 

0 Likes
John N
First Poster
Options

Not really, Samsung really want to try hard and "discover the input device so that it can easily switch between inputs and yadi yada" it can get really annoying. I finally figured out today that you just need to hit the exit button on the Samsung remote every time it tries to detect input and it'll actually take you to your device screen.

DecH
First Poster
Options
Omg i could kiss you bro thank you!
0 Likes
willjoe
Explorer
Options

Check all the cables and wiring connecting the HDMI splitter and high-definition device. Ensure that the connections aren't faulty or loose. Furthermore, ensure that you have top-quality cables and that they have not deteriorated over time. Fix all the connections and ensure that they are properly plugged in.

Regards,

Will

0 Likes