Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q950TS Game Mode VRR/FreeSync issue

(Topic created on: 13-08-2020 08:04 PM)
Cahill_239
First Poster
Options

Hi All

Just purchased the Q950TS 65 inch model this week.  One problem I'm having is with my Xbox one 

X - with VRR enabled and in game mode, there is a horrendous flickering/screen tearing issue.  See accompanying video.

Turning off VRR on the Xbox removes the issue.  Anyone had an experience with this and know what the cause may be?

https://youtu.be/Uz1K0PZEqKs

Thanks in advance

0 Likes
30 REPLIES 30
Zooiez
Journeyman
Options

I have the Q800T 8k and mine does the same thing. The flickering is horrible and I had to turn off VRR to play games and watch movies on my Xbox one x. I have seen this as a major issue on other forms also what is people that have the new 8K TVs. This is very disappointing since this is a major feature that Samsung is pushing

0 Likes
CoolD
Apprentice
Options

I also purchased an 800T model recently on Saturday and have the same issues. I have done everything from updating my TV to buying multiple different hdmi cords to see if it would fix the problem, but nothing has worked. It's sad that Xbox and Samsung literally advertised their products together and it doesn't work properly with VRR enabled.

if you have found a solution please let me know.

0 Likes
Cahill_239
First Poster
Options

No solution yet I'm afraid.

Kind of relieved to see it's a wider issue and not just my set, but that's also even more annoying! We need a fix!!!  If you find any more into post it here.

0 Likes
debs182
First Poster
Options
Hi there, could you possibly tell me how to turn off the VRR mode please?
I have the Q5580T model, I can't remember where I put the manual
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@debs182: When Game Mode is set to On or Auto, FreeSync VRR is activated. To disable Game Mode, go to Home > Settings > Game Mode > Press the Select button on the remote to turn this option on or off.

0 Likes
KindOldRaven
Pioneer
Options

Not really his question. He wants to turn off VRR, not game mode. This is perfectly possible on any and all Samsung Monitors and used to be possible on Samsung TVs as well. Why are they removing features? 

To answer the question itself: you have to turn off VRR on your console or PC while keeping game-mode enabled. That's the only way to turn off VRR/Freesync. 

0 Likes
CoolD
Apprentice
Options

Ok we all have been dealing with the flicker with VRR activated since we bought the TVs. The new update 1402 just came out I believe today and I have noticed it has disappeared. Can anybody else confirm they are experiencing the same thing? And if so do they thing graphics look the same or slightly worse? 

i am happy that the flicker has disappeared though.

0 Likes
Cahill_239
First Poster
Options

Not had an update yet...what model do you have again? 

0 Likes
CoolD
Apprentice
Options

I have the 800T model. I believe you have the 950T model? 

0 Likes