Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q950TS Game Mode VRR/FreeSync issue

(Topic created on: 28-06-2020 03:09 PM)
Cahill_239
First Poster
Options

Hi All

Just purchased the Q950TS 65 inch model this week.  One problem I'm having is with my Xbox one 

X - with VRR enabled and in game mode, there is a horrendous flickering/screen tearing issue.  See accompanying video.

Turning off VRR on the Xbox removes the issue.  Anyone had an experience with this and know what the cause may be?

https://youtu.be/Uz1K0PZEqKs

Thanks in advance

0 Likes
30 REPLIES 30
Tonxboy
First Poster
Options

Yeah. Latest. 1403.1 installed. 

0 Likes
CoolD
Apprentice
Options

Just giving a update on my TV. My QLED 8K 800T model now has screen picture display issues. The TV now only can play sound, while the TV screen is black while watching TV and playing video games, which started on 3/14/21.
 I contacted Samsung who stated they would send out a technician to diagnose and fix the problem. So I waited a few days for a technician to come and unfortunately he and his team came unprepared. He takes the TV apart and tries to replace one part to see if that would be the solution to my problem and of course it was not. He then proceeds to tell me that well it might be one of the flexible cables attached to the part he tried to replace and says that he does not have those parts because his team did not load them in the truck. 

I have had the television less than a year and it having issues that normally don’t come around for a few years after owning it. I am hoping Samsung does the right thing and gives me a brand new television.

Anybody else having similar issues, or still having flickering issues? And do you think with all these issues, should we even consider buying their second generation NEO 8K QLED?

0 Likes
Cahill_239
First Poster
Options

Ouch sorry to hear you’re having such problems man. I’ve definitely not had the level of issues you’ve had.

the VRR issue was fixed on the whole for me, but then I upgraded to the Xbox series x.  it still is a bit temperamental with it, even after the VRR fix they released, it has a few issues with hdr, occasionally the image appearing washed  out until you flick between gameplay and the main menu a couple of times or reset the tv. I’ve since moved house and now am gaming on a smaller 55inch oled cx (due to a smaller room). I do miss the added sharpness and clarity the 8K qled provides, and it does feel like a lot of detail is lost due to black crushing. 

on that basis I would still consider buying the new 8k bro qled 

0 Likes
mdiiorio
Voyager
Options

Same here.

0 Likes
Zander1
First Poster
Options

But I want to keep my game mode on without the flickering 

0 Likes
mdiiorio
Voyager
Options

It's caused by VRR and most Samsung TVs, like other issues that Samsung is not fixing.

0 Likes
NagyNorbert
Student
Options

Ahh man, i hope you get this, but i laughed so loud when i read this. I know your TV is way more expensive, but i spent on my Q70T a lot considering it was almost my full budget. At least it has 5 years of warranty,m but still in 2022 VRR is as shitty as you guys discuss here it gives my girlfriend headaches whenever i play something on the TV. They didnt fix anything since launch and the next A series has the same exact issue and keep selling as freesync premium.

0 Likes
BreeTheMouse
Pathfinder
Options
The video said Dolby Atmos
0 Likes
Nuttythings
First Poster
Options

:), q70c still not fixed in 2023

0 Likes
Steelx
Student
Options

Well I have a qled neo TV and t

With vrr on it has stupid scrolling hozontal bands very hard to see but there there 😒 turn VRR off and there gone this is a 2023 model qn90c

0 Likes