Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q900R 8k TV - 4k 120hz not supported on Xbox Series X

(Topic created on: 12-11-2020 03:26 PM)
hrking2001
Journeyman
Options

Hi, I own the 75" Q900R (Q900RA to some) and just bought the Xbox Series X and it is showing as not supporting 4k at 120hz. Why is this? I have updated latest software, have the updated OCB, game mode on and have UHD Colour on. All conversations with support state that 4k 120hz is supported by the TV and they have no solutions thus far - they are investigating the issue.

I really hope I have not been mis-sold by Samsung when they stated that HDMI2.1 would be supported with the upgraded new OCB. I would rather not have to complain or raise a mis-sell with Samsung as I really like them as a brand and love the TV overall but this TV was not an insignificant amount of money and I trusted Samsung when I bought the TV that they would sufficiently implement HDMI2.1.

Picture of Xbox Series X display compatibility on Q900RPicture of Xbox Series X display compatibility on Q900R

23 REPLIES 23
Noirdog
Pathfinder
Options

Also with PS5 -.- i’ve sent an email to them, did you? I’ll let you know the respond here in Italy, someone did the same!? What was the response?

0 Likes
Gazhayes
Journeyman
Options

image.jpg

Has everyone had the free 2.1 upgrade to their port 4 of their one connect box?

I had engineer come out and swap mine 6 months ago. It’s made no difference with 4K 120hz. Engineer gave my this sheet to put in my manual. 

0 Likes
Daminux
First Poster
Options

Same here owner of a Q900RA model, I already have done the one connect box replacement to have the HDMI 2.1 port but I'm stuck with the firmware 1310 and I don't have 120hz on my brand new ps5. The model Q900RB seems to have fresh updates when we (Q900RA) are stuck even with the new one connect box.

I have only bought this TV for the next gen and because we have this box replacement making the tv compatible with hdmi 2.1 and 4K 120 fps. 

Samsung please update this model, it is not a cheap hardware without support.

Noirdog
Pathfinder
Options

I have spoke with the support, the tv need a software update , still not out yet

0 Likes
hrking2001
Journeyman
Options

I "emailed the CEO" and his team got back to me to confirm that 4k@120 is possible on the Q900RA and that it will be fixed in the next software update, which they are working on.

Thomas1611
First Poster
Options

Hello Everybody, Still no news since? On my side, my reseller is lost and the official samsung chat says absolutely anything. When I talk about 120Hz, he tells me that "the sound adapts to the program being watched"... Absolutely ridiculous. My TV crashes regularly with my PS5. I always have to electrically reboot my TV via One Connect (2.1 HDMI). If I have any news, I'll come and tell you.

0 Likes
Mark538
First Poster
Options
I have the same issue on q900r 8k tv
spoke with samsung they sent out the new ocb 8k tv upgrade kit
and still dosnt work.
I have rang them since to ask why and they have no answer.
Rather annoyed as its a capable tv.
0 Likes
TheGunR
Explorer
Options

Same problem here with my 65" Q900R (2018) aka Q900RA.

Samsung Q900 TV (GQ65Q900RGT) mit neuer OneConnect-Box (HDMI 2.1) und Soundbar HW-Q90R, die per HDMI über eARC angebunden ist.
0 Likes
robofobo
Journeyman
Options

No one ready to replay form Samsung management here yet. I feel cheated by Samsung, last year my so called 8k TV 75QE900R OCB was replaced with paper given to me to make me believe that now my TV port 4 is HDMI 2.1 capable which will able to do 4K at 120 FPS. Today I got my new Xbox series x and i figure it out that my tv port 4 can’t support 4K at 120Hz. I am extremely disappointed and feel cheated with lie that my tv hdmi port 4 has been upgraded to hdmi 2.1. Which was clearly not. Now come to point here people are talking about Samsung is working on software that will resolve this issue. Seriously they knew gaming consoles are coming from months since back in 2019 and they make us false believe that port 4 is already hdmi 2.1. I spend Fortune on this tv. Extremely disappointed, definitely would like this to be resolved soon. Samsung already had enough time with it to find solution. Replace my tv or resolve this issue is only way to go ahead. 

TheGunR
Explorer
Options

Samsung Germany answered my question regarding the Q900R (2018) 8k TV negative:

"Thank you for your inquiry about HDMI 2.1 on your GQ65Q900RGT.

Unfortunately, even with the Upgrade One Connect Box, the TV does not support 4K/120Hz but only 4K/60Hz and 8K/60Hz.

Only some HDMI 2.1 features are supported.

This could possibly also be the reason why Dolby Atmos is not selectable from the XBOX Series X.

Alternatively, you can also connect the XBOX to the soundbar, which then passes on the signal.

According to our Head Quarter team, there will be no software update here because this is limited on the hardware side."

Samsung Q900 TV (GQ65Q900RGT) mit neuer OneConnect-Box (HDMI 2.1) und Soundbar HW-Q90R, die per HDMI über eARC angebunden ist.