Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q800T Ps5 VRR Flickering

(Topic created on: 10-11-2022 03:54 AM)
LovelessG
Apprentice
Options

So I have a Samsung 2020 Q800T Tv that is patched up to 2303.1. Anyone else having issues of when they turn on VRR, HDR, and ALLM that they get green flickering?

Its really ruining the experience. It seems to have been fixed for Xbox reading through forums but not the Ps5. 

I really dont want to cut off the settings otherwise what was the point of getting this Tv lol. 

8 REPLIES 8
kuBudstr
First Poster
Options

Hey! I have a Samsung AU9000 and i have too the issue (ingame menu, loading screen) when im on 120hz and the VRR is on. When i turn off the VRR i havent any problem but much better with VRR for me.. i hope we will get an update or something for this problem.

0 Likes
LovelessG
Apprentice
Options

Yea me too as its doing it on two of the largest games. Last of Us Remastered for Ps5, and God of War Ragnarok. 

gburdeti
Apprentice
Options

Same here. I even noticed it with Spider-Man. The weird thing is that if I turn on quality mode instead of performance mode for god of war, it doesn’t flicker. Works fine without VRR but the game seems to be smoother with VRR enabled. The RGB colors flickering are only in black areas from what I am seeing. Bright colors don’t do that.

0 Likes
LovelessG
Apprentice
Options

Any response Samsung this seems to be a major issue across all your TV's.

Really makes me rethink buying another Samsung Tv product.

0 Likes
gburdeti
Apprentice
Options

I just noticed it on the XBox too! It’s very rare but it happens.

0 Likes
gburdeti
Apprentice
Options

I updated to the new 2401 firmware and still the same issue. RGB flickering in the black areas of the image. 😞

0 Likes
gburdeti
Apprentice
Options

This happens when VRR, 120Hz and HDR are enabled and the frame rate on the console is above 60 fps. If one of those is off or the fps is lower than 60 then no flickering happens. Again, this only happens in dark areas, where black is supposed to be rendered. I’ve tried two different 8K supporting cables and they do exactly the same thing. Samsung need to do something about it.

E775E2B7-AE38-40A4-954B-61EF756FE4F8.jpeg

0 Likes
gburdeti
Apprentice
Options

I’m not a graphics engineer but based on what I’m seeing, it looks like the blue channel is saturated. So maybe clamping the color value within the allowed range would probably fix it. And since it happens when the frame rate is higher, I’m going to guess it has to do with the color value accumulation over time before it is rendered. But I might be wrong.

0 Likes